Video of the Damage to the Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking on Youtube and found a video that I guess Josh at MBT Divers shot and put together that shows the damage to the Oriskany that Ida caused. Can't wait to get back out there to see it with my own eyes!!!!! Now we just need the seas to settle down a bit :signofcross:
Thanks to Josh and MBT for putting this together:

Last edited:
So it looks like the island has a swim-through now?
That was a really good video. I especially appreciate the close-up of the Barracuda near the end, that takes some patience and smooth diving...

Makes me want to get my gear salty.:wink:
That is a wicked looking jelly fish, I'd hate to run face first into that one.

Hey Gary, you talking about the video or the 70's music making you want to get gear salty? That's just wrong. rofl.

Hey Gary, you talking about the video or the 70's music making you want to get gear salty? That's just wrong. rofl.

:rofl3::rofl3:LOL Now get your mind out of the gutter, I know that music got you worked up but my computer was on mute.

I was looking on Youtube and found a video that I guess Josh at MBT Divers shot and put together that shows the damage to the Oriskany that Ida caused. Can't wait to get back out there to see it with my own eyes!!!!! Now we just need the seas to settle down a bit :signofcross:
Thanks to Josh and MBT for putting this together:

\

Cant wait to get back out and dive her again. It is amazing how much damage she took from ida. thanks for the video.

Enjoyed it; thanks for the look. I've never dove the Oriskany; maybe someday I will (I was born in Pensicola so for sentimental reasons...).

How deep did you have to get down to in order to film that? I've looked over one of those plastic cards on this wreck at a local dive shop; looks like I could push the limits of recreational diving just getting to the upper levels.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom