Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Video 4

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Video 5

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey at least my commercial has a concept. My concept is, "Man I need to take a scuba trip!" That is clear.:D

That is a great concept for YOU! YOU need a trip. That is not what the marketing was supposed to target. It is supposed to get people interested in what Dive Right In Scuba has to offer across the board. Not just that they go to The Mall of America and go shark diving.

Your concept is, "Look at all these PICTURES I copied and pasted from somebody else's web page and put together in a slide show with a program that did all the work for me other than copy and pasting in order." That is also clear.:mooner:

I did copy and paste images from his site to show the types of things that Dive Right In Scuba does as a whole, not just diving with sharks. Most new students would have no interest in diving with sharks. If they think that is all that Dive Right In Scuba does they may have no interest in going in and even seeing if they offer a Open Water scuba class.

There are LOTS of commercials that are shot by one person and edited by another. It has nothing to do with the message that it sends, just that it gets people to want to watch it.

you still haven't responded as to why new members with one post show up when your votes spike? At one point you got like 6 votes in a row and your video was the ONLY one with increasing hits on you tube...

Campaigning.... The two folks that I noticed having only one post have been members for a long time, and they are now wanting their voices heard I guess.

I will not discriminate against anyone. If you have 1 post or 10,000 your vote is still good for me. Feel free to watch all the videos and vote for the best one. I think you will all agree that my video grabs your attention much better than the first video. His does have some humor but does it send the message to someone who is not a diver, watching the video for the first time on Dive Right In Scuba's website, that Dive Right In would be a good place to go and check out? I do not think so...

If this was a competition for the funniest video, then #1 should be declared the winner, but that is not what this competition is about. It is about sending a message to prospective students for a LDS in the Chicago area.

Scubadobadoo - the creator of the first video even mentions earlier in this thread that he can change the video to better suit the website. Obviously he knows that his video missed the message...
For the record, I could easily change the ending (last 5 seconds) of my commercial to make it a more "all encompassing" dive shop advert. I edited mine towards the Mall of America dive trip because that is what the original discussion of this contest mentioned before the rules were clearly stated. Not being a stick in the mud, just felt I should mention that. :wink:

Anyone of us could change our videos all around, but we hit the mark better....

Phil

I still say that number 2 is the best. My objective opinion

That's cool, honestly. It's also cool that all two of your "objective" posts happen to be ringing endorsements of video #2.:wink:

Scubadobadoo - the creator of the first video even mentions earlier in this thread that he can change the video to better suit the website. Obviously he knows that his video missed the message...

Phil

That's because doing what you did is easy AND the rules were literally CHANGED after I submitted my video. Check the original thread and the original and heavily edited contest rules in the second thread. The original contest evolved around a video made to sell the Mall of America shark diving trip. This can even be seen in another contestants video.

The fact is that anyone can copy and paste pictures and make a slide show. Any computer comes with the very simple I'll do it all for you program. I chose to make a commercial with a concept in the "YOU TUBE" style as the original rules also stated.

Night Phil...we'll play more tomorrow.:wink::wink::wink: My daughter has discovered projectile vomiting tonight so back to reality...Much love to your boys pal! And by boys I mean your sons.

Actually, the rules on what its to be about didnt change. I know that for a fact as the video I posted was botched, and not what I wanted...I did this contest, to get more of what I wanted :wink: Yours is actually an easy change anyway..at the end, just add a blurb about dive right in scuba as your showerside equipment depot or something.....Your creative, thats already known....But, the rules didnt change....That first video was something a local guy made up for me....and there is a thread stating so.....

ps- read my 3rd post in the original thread your talking about :wink:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/258785-check-out-commercial.html

so in this contest, I was sure to ask for what I wanted....:D

I may stand corrected but after I started my video I did in fact notice that the rules had been edited more than once. I took my concept off of the original thread you linked to and thanks for doing that. It at least gives people an idea of why two of the five videos did heavily focus on your Mall of America trip.

And thanks for noting that the last few seconds could easily be changed. Nighty night!

The fact is that anyone can copy and paste pictures and make a slide show. Any computer comes with the very simple I'll do it all for you program. I chose to make a commercial with a concept in the "YOU TUBE" style as the original rules also stated.

Anybody can trash their house, write a line or two on wet notes, act crazy, and use a video camera. I would say that basic things such as adding effects, determining play lengths for individual photos, and then finding and timing music to a video are actually harder than uploading a film and making a few minor edits. Is it really "hard", no, but it's more complicated. Was yours more creative, certainly, but it's about time you got knocked off your soap-box.

I personally could care less about who wins, but we'd all appreciate it if you left out the vindictive comments towards others who bothered to submit something. I am personally hoping that #2 comes out with the win.

........... #2 !

Anybody can trash their house, write a line or two on wet notes, act crazy, and use a video camera. I would say that basic things such as adding effects, determining play lengths for individual photos, and then finding and timing music to a video are actually harder than uploading a film and making a few minor edits. Is it really "hard", no, but it's more complicated. Was yours more creative, certainly, but it's about time you got knocked off your soap-box.

I personally could care less about who wins, but we'd all appreciate it if you left out the vindictive comments towards others who bothered to submit something. I am personally hoping that #2 comes out with the win.

I think you missed the whole "playing at politics" humor from both video #1 and #2.:wink: And still, you are right. "Vindictive" things were said by both of us, but we were actually just playing. I'm sorry if you took it so personally Senator Clinton. :wink: We were just campaigning. My platform was to point out the similarity between the candidates and the fact that I had the only true VIDEO entry and not a slide show. SKDVR actually started the campaigning by adding photos of his two Son's in another thread. What a cheap but brilliant shot that was!!! After that, the campaign was on!

Nonetheless, I do apologize if things got out of hand. Skdvr and I were aware of the silliness we were throwing at one another and certainly meant no harm to you other contestants.

Anyone else notice that this contest currently reflects what happened Nov. 4th?

Blue is beating Red...:D

DRIS does have some nice things in their online store also.

I just mention this as it's a little known fact that Mods can edit poll counts...j/k :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom