Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Video 4

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Video 5

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry if you took it so personally Senator Clinton. :wink:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:That's worse than being called a power-point using copier!!!!!

On a serious note:
We were just campaigning. My platform was to point out the similarity between the candidates and the fact that I had the only true VIDEO entry and not a slide show. SKDVR actually started the campaigning by adding photos of his two Son's in another thread. What a cheap but brilliant shot that was!!! After that, the campaign was on!

Nonetheless, I do apologize if things got out of hand. Skdvr and I were aware of the silliness we were throwing at one another and certainly meant no harm to you other contestants.

I understood the joking aspect of it, but it had gotten aggravating. Best of luck to everyone.

I think you missed the whole "playing at politics" humor from both video #1 and #2.:wink: And still, you are right. "Vindictive" things were said by both of us, but we were actually just playing. I'm sorry if you took it so personally Senator Clinton. :wink: We were just campaigning. My platform was to point out the similarity between the candidates and the fact that I had the only true VIDEO entry and not a slide show. SKDVR actually started the campaigning by adding photos of his two Son's in another thread. What a cheap but brilliant shot that was!!! After that, the campaign was on!

Nonetheless, I do apologize if things got out of hand. Skdvr and I were aware of the silliness we were throwing at one another and certainly meant no harm to you other contestants.

It is all in good fun...

Now to get back on track

I am glad that Mike corrected you to the fact that the original rules said nothing about The Mall of America shark dive as being the subject of the video. You just were not paying attention to actually reading the rules. You saw the video that Mike posted as an example of a video that was recently created for DRIS and just assumed that is what he was looking for. You then went running around your house throwing all your gear on the floor, handed the camera off to your wife, jumped into the shower, yelled ACTION and 5 min later you had your video. Funny sure, effective message NO!

Phil

Can't you be more creative with your "bump" :shakehead:

Except for the the post that I made letting people know that I was going to use the $500 credit to help me with the production of my dive series. I've tried to stay out of the "mud slinging" .

But my video (#5) has been called nothing more than a "slideshow". It's true that my video is a sequence of images but they are images that are directly related to the shop. I call attention to the best features of DRIS. The sales, service, gear demos, tank fills and best of all the trips. I just went back and viewed the other videos again and here's what I found.

Video #1 - It's funny! But his wife says "whatÃÔ that idiot doing now". Also the video tells the viewer nothing about DRIS other than the wet notes "Mall of America - Shark Dive February 2009" and then DRIS is mentioned.

Video #2 - Great Music! - A stream of pictures that the viewer doesn't know relates to DRIS until the end. Then the logo is mis-shaped and cut off.

Video #3 - Shows nothing about the shop just LOTS of pictures of sharks and ends at 27 seconds and includes 14 seconds of credits. So if the video was supposed to be 30-45 seconds does this one even really count?

Video #4 - The text displayed on the screen doesn't have anything to do with the pictures being displayed until the end.

Could I have done things a little different in my video, sure. But then would it have been directed at DRIS? I'm not bitter. While all the other videos had their highlights it seemed like nobody really took it seriously that DRIS was looking for a commercial to market the shop. If I don't win that's fine, but I wanted to at least give Mike an option of something a little more directed at the shop. Good Luck to everyone. :D :popcorn:

That's cool, honestly. It's also cool that all two of your "objective" posts happen to be ringing endorsements of video #2.:wink:

I've been a member since O6, if you'll check my profile :wink: . I just hadn't had anything worth saying until now.
The number two video is that good.

Ok, I voted. But I was disappointed at not seeing a mask on forehead in the shower scene.

voting is closed...

Sweet!!!!:cool2:

Thanks Everyone for the votes....

Thanks Mike for the contest....

Phil

Now that the voting is closed, and it won't seem as though I'm "campaigning" for anyone in particular, I'll comment.

I was one of the very early votes, and my selection was Video #2. The reason was simple; when I watched all 5 videos, that was the one that I thought most made me interested in checking out the sponsor. It's subjective, of course. I liked it, and of the five, I thought it the best example of an effective commercial.

Video #1 was amusing, and redone with some professional polish, might have worked better for me. As it was, though, if I had seen it presented online or on television as a real commercial, my thought would have been "low budget", and my impression of the advertiser that they lacked sufficient resources to do any better. The implication would have led to the question of what else in their business they're cutting corners on, and whether I am going to get the best products and services from them.

Yes, I realize the videos were put together by private individuals, at their own expense (and not on a big budget), but as a consumer, I voted with what impressed me. I didn't pay attention at all to who made each one; I paid attention to which one attracted me to the shop.

Now, if I just lived close enough to visit there...

Back
Top Bottom