Video Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zinc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In lieu of the usual trip writeup, I'm opting for a short trip report and a couple of videos.

Ianr33 and I headed for a week of cave diving on Merritt's Mill pond near Marianna, Florida. There we met up with fellow Swamp Divers ChrisPete and Texas Torpedo.

Our final dive lineup was as follows:

Jackson Blue - mainline, checkout dive
Jackson Blue - Horseshoe circuit
Twin Caves - Skiles Passage
Hole in the Wall - Upstream
Twin Caves - deep circuit (Video)
Shangri La - Cavern (Video)
Jackson Blue - Cavern
Jackson Blue - side tunnels
Bozel - by canoe
Jackson Blue - 2 stage swim to Trash room

On Tuesday, Texas Torpedo loaned me his HD Helmet cam for two dives, Twin Caves followed by Shangri La. If interested, I'm posting both below:

Shangri La is around 5 minutes and Twin Caves is around 17 minutes. Both are best viewed w/ sound from Vimeo's website.

Hope you enjoy :D

Last edited:
[vimeo]15795362[/vimeo]

[vimeo]15924598[/vimeo]

Very nice, Zinc....even though that's just dreaming for me at present. However, someday I hope to join y'all.

Good times!

Great videos! Thanks for allowing those of us who will probably never be cave certified to dive vicariously through you.

Zinc, what software package do you use to edit your video clips? They look great!

Zinc, what software package do you use to edit your video clips? They look great!

So the HD camera had a 16GB SD card and the Twin video used all of it, breaking into two 8GB, 45 min. clips.

Used "Format Factory" to convert to WMV format for import to "Windows Live Movie Maker."

The files were still way too big, so I used movie maker to crop some large sections of video and re-save in a more compressed format in 4 smaller files.

Then more editing to compile to smallest video, then finally added sound last....

It took awhile to say the least...

Zinc, thanks. I was up that way over the weekend at windy point. I am new to video and have a lot to learn about how to process the clips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom