Village Square Grocery Store On Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be going to Little Cayman in mid May staying at the Paradise Villas where I can choose to do some of my own cooking inside my suite. Does anyone know whether the Village Square grocery store takes credit cards or is it only cash? I would like to use as little cash as possible on this trip using only for the divemaster tips and anything I might buy at the Grand Cayman airport during the flight connections.

According to Google, they take credit cards. I'll be there starting April 20 and I plan to visit that store - If they don't take credit cards I'll post back here (unless an eyewitness answers your question here first).

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 2.44.11 PM.png

According to Google, they take credit cards. I'll be there starting April 20 and I plan to visit that store - If they don't take credit cards I'll post back here (unless an eyewitness answers your question here first).

View attachment 832085
Thanks so much - would appreciate the alert if they don't take them.

I successfully used my Chase Visa credit card at Village Square last month on Feb 20th.

You might find that selection is limited and prices high on LC. Be prepared for some sticker shock.

What Doctorfish said. Store is ok for canned and dry goods and dairy (albeit expensive) but if you want animal protein, either stop in Grand or bring meat from home, frozen. You will have to stop at Ag if you bring from home, and that could take a while; they don't care if you miss your connection - forewarned is forearmed.

Might be easier to eat at the Hungry Iguana and/or the beach bar at Little Cayman Beach Resort.

I was on Little Cayman 2 weeks ago. They take credit cards. As previously stated, very high prices.

Thanks everyone - I'm not going to bring any meat from home but will try to pack some light veggies like spinach, pasta, lentils and maybe a can of tuna. If weight allows, I might bring some fruit too. Hopefully immigration won't hassle me for those items.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom