Vintage 1960's Girard-Perregaux SS Deep Diver Gyromatic Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azchipka

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I came across this while cleaning out my fathers house after he passed away. After a bit of research I found this watch has an amazing piece of dive history. After a lot of thought and consideration I have decided it would be better placed in the hands of a collector of this type of thing then on my wrist. I will be up front in saying that it does need some work. Condition wise the second hand is moving with out flaw but the hour and minute hand slip when being set, this means pretty clearly that if you want it fully working your going to need to take it in for repair.

Has the original band on it but the band needs a good cleaning.

This watch is selling online for anywhere between $3000 - $7500. More commonly on the higher range, assuming of course you can even find one for sale. I have only been able to find 5 others that were posted online for sale and that isn't currently thats sold over the last five years, needless to say its a very rare watch. Serial number of watch is 78970656

If you are seriously interested send me a PM with a ballpark offer and I will supply you with photos of the watch.

Back
Top Bottom