Vintage Edge Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caz_underwater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·. ><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·.¸><((((º>

G'day to all you underwater SOB's (same ocean buddies!) :D

I have one beautifully preserved Vintage Edge Dive Computer by Orca Ind., in its original box, with instruction manual.

Are there any divers out there who would like to own a pre-loved "yum yum yellow" vintage Edge Dive Computer?

Please contact me if you are interested to own this prestigious vintage dive computer.

Many tanks n best fishes

><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·. ><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·.¸><((((º>

G'day and welcome to SB mate! :D

A photo would probably help jog people's memory about this historic computer... :D

(although whether or not "vintage" can be applied is subject to interpretation.)

Orca Edge, came out in 1984. First true dive computer. I still use mine.

Attachments

• DSC02329 (Small).JPG
    DSC02329 (Small).JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 489
Hi Doc Ed, correct, the beauty is definitely in the details, unfortunately I am still new to SB and I was unable to find the "paperclip" logo to add photo, now I see it is the mountain sign. Tanks, will try and upload. Best fishes/Carole

If it has batteries in it then it probably is not vintage.

N

captain:
Orca Edge, came out in 1984. First true dive computer.

The Deco Brain came out about a year before the EDGE (Electrinic Dive GuidE).

The Deco Brain came out about a year before the EDGE (Electrinic Dive GuidE).

But I don't believe it was as successful commercially as the Edge was. Know anyone still using the Deco Brain.

The Deco Brain's problem was it was hard to make it turn on. You had to make travel very fast between 6 and 8 ft on descent. Real PITA. Loved the EDGE and still have it---locked in a safe.
The EDGE was a good step in the right direction.

If it has batteries in it then it probably is not vintage.

N

I'd call any piece of dive equip. 25 yrs old "Vintage."

Bill

captain:
But I don't believe it was as successful commercially as the Edge was.

It wasn't even close, but it was a true dive computer and it predates the EDGE. I'll take the EDGE any day. The only problems with the EDGE were battery life and its o-ring. They fixed the o-ring, but changing batteries every two days sucked.

captain:
Know anyone still using the Deco Brain.

I only knew one person who had one. He won it in a contest.

rigdiver:
Loved the EDGE and still have it---locked in a safe.

I have mine on display next to a couple of bend o matics. I'd love to get a nitrox computer with the EDGE display. It beats the hell out of anything available today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom