Vintage Edge Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You is plural, as is one is all encompassing, as singular
as one, is you with an obvious lack of anything Oxford.

You is plural, as is one is all encompassing, as singular
as one, is you with an obvious lack of anything Oxford.

Knowone please donate your brain to science after death, it would be an interesting study:D Take this as a complement.

Take this as a complement.

I don't know, Captain. That sounded kind of offensive to me.:wink:

Caz, have you tried posting this in classifieds?

Hi DocEd, wow, my first foray into this forum, kinda like being back in kindergarden/infant school! Think my "classified" to sell my pre-loved yum yum yellow Edge got lost there, thanks for picking up again.

I thought this forum would be more suitable as I thought I would find more "experienced/mature" divers who would have known what the Edge was. Will take your advice and try to set up eBay.

Tanks n best fishes/Carole

><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·. ><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·.¸><((((º>

Hi DocEd, wow, my first foray into this forum, kinda like being back in kindergarden/infant school! Think my "classified" to sell my pre-loved yum yum yellow Edge got lost there, thanks for picking up again.

I thought this forum would be more suitable as I thought I would find more "experienced/mature" divers who would have known what the Edge was. Will take your advice and try to set up .

Tanks n best fishes/Carole

><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·. ><((((º>`·.¸.·´`·.¸><((((º>

You don't understand the vintage diver mind set.
Computers of any age are not considered vintage by vintage divers. If a vintage diver is going to use a computer he doesn't care if it brand new or 25 years old, it's just a computer.
I mostly use a newer Oceanic even though I am diving with vintage gear and have an Edge.

I thought this forum would be more suitable as I thought I would find more "experienced/mature" divers who would have known what the Edge was...

Well, actually, you did succeed in getting people to discuss the topic. I'm just starting out in getting vintage equipment, and it was interesting to see the origin and development of dive computers. However, as Captain said (and as Nemrod said earlier) the general mindset is that computers are not really going to be considered "vintage." This is not to preclude that vintage divers do not use computers, though. Its just that any computer will do for them if they decide to do so.

Your thread was interesting in the sense that it generated discussion but really, the vintage subforum isn't designed for people to just come and sell something. Sometimes discussions can be messy but I'd say this is one of the more civil and self moderated spots on the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom