Vintage Edge Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. There were two that I know about. My first EDGE was stolen from a dive shop's storage facility around 1989. When I replaced it, it was with one like you have for sale. The original EDGE had (if memory serves) two posts/pins on the back (actually on the battery cover) for a strap to fit through.

Hi Walter, funny enough the original box it came with has 2 blue (unused) velcro straps, which I thought fitted through the yellow cover so that you could velcro the Edge to your arm, I never used that, I used the 2 black screw thread nuts and fitted it onto my contents gauge. I love the viewing panel on this computer and I guess with all computers it is really dependent on how much the diver takes no-deco to the limit as well as dependent on their health for the outcomes.

Do you still have the replacement Edge, do you still use it, are you interested in purchasing this yum yum yellow baby? :D

Try reading the entire post.

What's that in your signature about fools?

I took it to mean simply that getting bent and dying can be jokes until they happen to someone. I'm sure he didn't mean you personally. I've never seen Captain goad anyone like many forum members do from time to time. He's too mature for that and rates alot more respect than I think you are aware. That's my take on it.

Last edited:
Caz_underwater:
Hi Walter, funny enough the original box it came with has 2 blue (unused) velcro straps, which I thought fitted through the yellow cover so that you could velcro the Edge to your arm,

You are correct. On earlier models, the cover didn't go up so far, one strap went through the cover, the other theough the two posts on the computer. I had a handle put on the posts of mine.

Caz_underwater:
I never used that, I used the 2 black screw thread nuts and fitted it onto my contents gauge.

I used to attach mine to my LPI hose.

Caz_underwater:
I love the viewing panel on this computer and I guess with all computers it is really dependent on how much the diver takes no-deco to the limit as well as dependent on their health for the outcomes.

Nothing else even comes close.

Caz_underwater:
Do you still have the replacement Edge, do you still use it, are you interested in purchasing this yum yum yellow baby?

I have two. If this were an original instead of a second generation, I'd be interested. As it is, I have little interest in buying it. The shipping from down under would probably be more than I'd be willing to pay. Good luck on finding a buyer.

I've never seen Captain goad anyone like many forum members do from time to time. He's too mature for that and rates alot more respect than I think you are aware. That's my take on it.

Well, it sure looks like goading to me.

And the issue is?

"SoS meters were, to my knowledge, universally known as Bend-O-Matics purely as an affectionate nickname in exactly the same way that many owners affectionately refer to their Inspiration rebreathers as a 'Yellow Box of Death (or Debt)' or YBOD for short.

'Bend' or 'Death' are just jokes, nothing more."

There's my whole post again, note the quotation marks around 'Bend' and 'Death'. They're there for a reason. If you can work that reason out you might realise why I don't take too kindly to people attempting to be a smart arse at my expense.

Wow, talk about rude.......

I don't see any indication that he didn't read the whole thread.

I asked him to read my post, not the thread.

What gave you that impression? I never think of "bend" or "death" as anything to joke about, either.

If people are rude to me I'll be rude right back at them, simple. I don't think of actual bends or death as jokes either but the use of the words 'bends' or 'death' in the context of 'Bend-o-Matic' or 'Yellow Box of Death' are clearly jokes.

If Captain wasn't intending to be rude then I'll happily apologise but, from the content, context and puntuation of my post and his offensive response, it's pretty plain that he was trying to get a dig in because you'd have to be pretty thick to misconstrue my words and I don't think Captain is thick; which leaves malice as his motivation and that gets a response from me, whether you or he like it or not.

I don't think of actual bends or death as jokes either......

So you agree. Try deep breathing.

its OT, but I didn't view Captain's response as a dig at you...

If needed, we could start a poll to see if that remark could've been construed as rude or not, given the context of this thread, etc. I'm trying to see it from your point of view, but based on Captain's previous posts etc., I really don't think it was a dig at you.

Now back on topic...

Caz, have you tried posting this in classifieds and on ebay.com.au?

But thanks for bringing this thread up. The discussion was mostly interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom