violence towards non-natives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ask around about the hui ---- the surf mafia here.

skierbri10:
My sister-in-law married a Filiopino and his whole family everyone of them id diabetic. When he stopped eating rice he lost 20 pounds and was told he no longer needed to worry about what he ate. Just from the rice. He changed no other part of his diet or exercise.
BTW what part of Hawaii are you moving to? I am also from Colorado, where do you live?

I live and am going to school in Gunnison. Im moving to Oahu in early september, probably.

My sister lives in Brighton. Is that close to Gunnison?

catherine96821:
ask around about the hui ---- the surf mafia here.

Did you just watch that movie about the kid who moved there from a wave pool in Arizona to Hawaii, and won the Pipe Masters 3 months later? :D That's the only time I ever heard of a surf hui there. For sure, when I was there, watch out and don't drop in on guys like Titus Kinimaka, but he was just a bad*****, not to mention a great surfer. But I never saw any organized gangs in a lineup on Kauai.

Hank, the Pipeline Posse seem to run certain things on the north shore, more than the police. They were recently taliking about doing a reality TV show about them...not sure what happened

catherine96821:
They were recently taliking about doing a reality TV show about them...not sure what happened

That would be . . . interesting. Maybe the show didn't happen because the producers figured out that the hui can't necessarily be wrapped up with a "feel good" message at the end - like Dog Chapman.

So how do these "surf mafia" folks interact with SCUBA divers. I'm assuming the two don't interact a lot since I'd be quite hesitant to dive a site that was well suited for surfers, and they'd be unlikely to want to dive the calmer waters I'd prefer.

Well, recently a big Cali developer was planning on a commercial mall at shark's cove, the best Oahu shore dive. The underground parking lot would destroy some intricate underground caverns that connect to the tubes and legdes at the site. There would no doubt be dredging and run-off issues. We did a baseline survey in anticapation of the project getting bullied through. (Reefcheck) Suddenly, its off the table and the word on the street is that the Pipeline Posse took a hard stand, and made some promises. The Pipeline Posse includes some old time Hawaiian surfers which I should not name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom