Virginia Beach Diver In Critical Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is kind of shallow to expect a refund when someone's life is on the line. I have assisted a diver with suspected DCI on a deep wreck dive, and I went to the hospital with her via ambulance. Everyone on the boat was concerned for her welfare and I was assisted as needed by other divers to contribute to her care. My thanks was knowing that she was treated and released later that evening. Her dive buddy gave me a bottle of fine wine (totally unnecessary, but a thoughtful gesture).

This seems a discussion to be held elsewhere. There are valid claims to be made for both sides when a crisis at sea cuts short a dive.

From what I have heard the 65yo diver is making a complete recovery, was in the hospital, alert & talking about it, seems to remember everything, which seems hard to believe.

I would expect that the younger diver should be doing fine also, but have not heard anything about him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom