Virginia Beach Virginia Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PelicanII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A hot commodity, 6 pack dive boat launching operations for the 2009 diving season. Pelican Dive Charter is offering recreational dive trips off the coast of Virginia Beach to some of the most historic wrecks on the east coast. John Morgan, Lillian Luckenbach, Francis Powell and many more wrecks ranging from 50 to 100 foot dives.

Pelican Dive Charter put their divers on the wrecks at an afforable price. Most wreck are located 15 to 30 miles off shore. We cater to spearfishing, tech diving, and underwater photographers.

Visit our web site:pelicandivecharter (dot) com

I dove the Pelican, this is a new operation with an excited owner/operator. This Captain has the ability to put his boat on top of the wrecks with ease. He knows fish migration patterns and where to find the big sea bass, taug and flounder. The boat is set up nice and he continues to improve the operation via diver suggestions. He's very safety conscious, has O2 on board and usually a PADI instructor/divemaster. The boat is a 25 Parker, fast and stable. Somewhat space restricted on the diver deck but very doable with the proper diver management. I've gone twice have always come back with big fish and little damage to my wallet. Each time I've seen, ocean sunfish, sharks, dolphin, sea turtles and several lobsters. Give this guy a try, you might like his operation; I did.

I agree that Dave runs a nice operation, I don't spearfish, but he allows you to run your own profile as long as you have the equipment & training for said dive.
My last trip report on the Kurn was from this boat. I also dove the Powell & he allowed me to do just 1 long dive by myself. 75 minutes on bottom with 31 minutes of deco at 95fsw.
Don't bring a set of doubles bigger than some 108s & you will be fine. Any bigger & they are tough to handle without a cut thru transome.
Here is a link. Pelican Dive Charter

Back
Top Bottom