Vis at deweys short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was thing about going to dui on the 12th but if vis is so bad i mite not. Does anyone know if all of the rain has hurt visability?

Doesn't really matter what the vis is going to be like. Once a bunch of new drysuit divers get in the water the vis is going to be shot. I was strongly considering making the drive down but I'm not sure it'll be worth it.

Vis right now is BAD, probably only a few feet. According to a buddy of mine that lives down there. They have been getting pounded with rain. Like jerald said it really would end up that way anyway. I would still go if I was not working. It will be a good time no matter what...

Phil

It's a moot point now, DUI changed it to a non diving event so whatever the vis is won't affect the DUI divers.

If a person was so inclined to dive there I'll bet you find the vis to be no farther than your hand with float debris in the water and other associated problems. It's not very pretty there. There are some neat pictures on Scubatoys board under the midwest section. You've got to see it to believe how bad it is.

The wood steps we used to use are gone, broken up and basically gone. The water is in the parking lot now, I've changed my gear and even parked where there's water. It's still rising, the pictures I have are just amazing. I'm willing to bet it's going to be a while before it's visibility is good again, but I'll bet it is better than earlier this year. The algae should have been washed away by now and maybe we'll end up with a better dive spot after this all settles down.

I have some pictures posted under my name in the gallery.

Just got back from Table Rock, DUI.

Pictures in my album www.snagel.myjablum.net Go to Table Rock 08 DUI Flood.

Pictures tell the story.

No diving, just cold and windy. DUI showed up for the Non diving event and really not a lot of people, but many people at Dewey Short to see the record flood. Actually had Park Rangers on the dam directing traffic most of the time.

S. Nagel

Back
Top Bottom