vision issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These suggestions have been very helpful for me. I am to the point where my vision has become a problem, not only when reading my gauges (and I even have an Atomic Cobalt computer which is very easy to read) but more importantly, in trying to see the display screen on my Sea Life DC1400 camera to see if I have the photo I was trying to get after the flash fires. I had considered getting a prescription mask made, but I bought my Atomic Venom mask with the ARC lens just to maximize the available light during my photography dives so I am not really excited about replacing this special high quality lens in my very expensive mask. I do like the idea from Kharon about using the magnifier and could see attaching it to a retractable lanyard on my BC. Thanks everyone for your assorted suggestions.

FWIW, I went and got a mask from Scuba Masks by HydroOptix -- Home. I'm incredibly nearsighted, and have crossed into bifocal land a few years back. I've found the mask works great for both reading my computer and taking photos. Looks funny, but works great. I have heard that some folk have been having problems getting through for orders, but don't know the whole story on that. I do know you can find them occasionally on ebay for a reasonable price.

If you want one, your best bet would be posting in the classifieds. The hydroOptix mask is perfect for nearsighted individuals and provides a seemless 170 deg view. It's too bad the company seems to be going out of business. I emailed them a few months ago and I got a reply saying that they're still looking for a new manufacturer for their lenses. I got lucky here in the forums and bought one from a member.

I have one of these for sale on ebay right now. I cannot post a link, but if you search for it you will find it. It is absolutely brand new and it has the black skirt.

For disclosure, I had intended to post an auction link in the misc category, but it seems as though I do not have permission. I assume because I do not have enough posts. I just wanted to mention that I am a long time member of a certain rebreather forum, so I'm not completely out of the dive community it's just that I've only been a lurker over here.

If you're interested in the mask, take a look. I also am selling a number of other dive items currently. I have good feedback. If you have questions please shoot me a message here or better, ebay.

Thanks,
Offgas

Back
Top Bottom