Visit Monterey Bay in Oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WADiverBob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I come to see my father in San Mateo and old friends ( I haven't see them for few years) in Bay Area on Oct. 16-26. I plan go to Monterey Bay for underwater photography & fun on Oct.23-24 Mon-Tue. and stay at motel in Monterey. I had been dove few times in Monterey Bay before. I would like go to Point Lobos (need a reservation) and any sites from shore. I am looking for a dive buddy / ies. I like three dives per day ( both day and night). I bring my scuba gears ( by plane) except tank and weight belt ( I can get rental in Bay area).

Thanks,

Bob,
See if Jim Ernst is going to be around (PM him & tell him I recommended him). He is really fun to dive with. He was up here last Thanksgiving and Kirsten, Colleen, Leigh, & I did a couple of dives with him. He would really enjoy diving with you, I think.

Bob,

Sorry I'll be missing you by a few days! Anyone who is luck enough to dive with you will discover what a truly excellent dive partner you are.

Rick

Ben_ca:
So I guess October is the southern migration of Washington state divers? Is this why there an increase in shark sightings around here? :)
Sh-sh-sh-sh.... SHARKS???!:11:

I hear Kansas is nice this time of year...

:D

I'm in Monterey 10/15-10/19, but planning on only diving 10/16 in the AM. I'm attending a conference which starts 10/16 evening, and runs thru 10/19.

If you're willing to dive Mon. 10/16 and take a novice buddy, that'd be great.

You guys keep the thread alive as it comes closer... some of us don't know what we are doing tomorrow... so planning that far ahead makes our little brains hurt :)

wylerbear:
Bob,
See if Jim Ernst is going to be around (PM him & tell him I recommended him). He is really fun to dive with. He was up here last Thanksgiving and Kirsten, Colleen, Leigh, & I did a couple of dives with him. He would really enjoy diving with you, I think.

Thanks, I will PM him.

Rick Inman:
Bob,

Sorry I'll be missing you by a few days! Anyone who is luck enough to dive with you will discover what a truly excellent dive partner you are.

Rick

Rick... I miss you too, Hope you have a good time dive. Report me how good, Viz, etc.. after you dive in Monterey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom