Visiting Japan... what's there to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dugongberbulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to this board.

Will be visiting Japan, again, at the end of August, and would be interested in taking 2-3 days off to go diving.

I've read that Mikomoto is good. True? Would love to hear from you, and possible suggestions.

Also, I don't speak 3 words of Japanese :wallywink , which is amazing considering this will be my 26th trip to Japan in 3 years (business). Anyway, I'm looking for a shop that would arrange everything (including accomodations, etc..), does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks! :profile:

Where in Japan will you be? Okinawa has some awesome diving its just a short flight from the mainland. We can arrange accomadation and everything for Okinawa. I'm sure some of the northern guys will answer soon also if you are looking at the mainland.

I will be working in Tokyo for most of the week, but need to go to Utsonomiya too.

I could take Friday off and do 3 days, and then fly back to Singapore on the Monday evening / Tuesday morning.

By the way: what are the highlights of diving in Okinawa?

Cheers !

Hi and welcome to Japan again!

JUE dive every weekend in Izu out of Tokyo and you are right, Mikomoto is nice. August is hammer season, and there is also Whale shark to see there. One was spotted last week and hammers number 50+ (when you are lucky!). We are going there Aug 26-28. Send me an email and I will put you on our mailing list.

thomas@jue.jp

// Thomas

TJO,

Hey sounds like fun, will PM you. Thanks.

BTW: what't the water temperature during those times? 3mm / 5mm / 7mm?

Cheers!

I recommend a 3 or 5mm with hood. 7mm not necessary in August.

Thomas

OK, thanks, just sent you an e-mail.

Remember, I live in the South, water below 28 degrees is considered freezing :dropmouth

Had 28.5 C in the water today at depth and 29 shallow. Viz of 30+ meters and tons of sea life and coral down here in Okinawa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom