Visiting Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
Have friends that recently moved out to seattle, they say folks scubadive at a beach near them called Alki. Does anyone have a good resource/website where I can find out more information? I'm a New England Diver (mostly Massachusetts & RI) myself.

THANKS
stu

What kind of information do you want? You can search on "The Office" in the Orca Bait forum, and pick up a number of threads describing dives at the coves, and richly illustrated with pictures. Look at shorediving.com's listing for Seacrest, and you can get photographs of the sites, the parking, and a description of the dives.

Seattle is incredibly blessed with a multitude of easily accessible and very enjoyable shore diving sites, most of which are diveable at most times and in most conditions. We are lucky people here!

scubastew:
Have friends that recently moved out to seattle, they say folks scubadive at a beach near them called Alki. Does anyone have a good resource/website where I can find out more information? I'm a New England Diver (mostly Massachusetts & RI) myself.

THANKS
stu
There are three distinct diving locations along Alki ... Seacrest Park, which is home to three coves ... the Junkyard ... and the Alki Pipeline. By far the most popular site among them is Cove 2 at Seacrest Park. You can find reviews on and directions to the site here ... http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/Washington/Seacrest/index.htm

Let us know when you're heading out ... I suspect you won't have any difficulties finding someone to show you around the dive site.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dive the rockpile off the lighthouse. The best dive along the beach...

Back
Top Bottom