VivaAerobus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is very easy. Once you pass through Customs there is a ADO counter where you buy a ticket to the old Playa bus terminal (5th and Juarez). Nice big modern bus that takes about a hour. From the bus terminal it is about 150 yards to the ferry terminal. ADO just went up on the price to 90 pesos. The best way to get to Playa from the airport and I think that you get a discount on the ferry if you fly VA.

Also - ADO has a booth on the ferry dock in Coz so you can get your return tix there when you get your ferry ticket to go back.

Hi Dan! We booked with them for a trip next year. Are you more worried about service and skills or aircraft maintenance? All of the above? We arent flying until May so wont be able to give you an opinion for a while..

Kind of all of the above. We have certain airlines that our company will put us on and as a pilot I am concerned with all of it when I am in the back. As with all things monetary, I can overlook some of it :confused:

Has anyone used VivaAerobus from Austin to Cancun? I am in the airline business but I am leery of foreign lowcost carriers. Curious to anyone's experiences.
Zinc and I flew with them back in July without incident. There are some additional fees you have to look out for when it comes to baggage especially. They were pretty clueless at the terminal here in Austin back in July. Hopefully, they are a little more on top of things now.

Is it challenging to get from the Cancun airport down to the Coz ferry port? This possible hassle is what stopped me from using them on my recent week in Coz.
This is exactly what Zinc and I did. We got off the plane and hopped on a bus to the Ferry over to Coz. We didn't buy anything in advance. We bought our bus tickets at the Cancun airport (roundtrip), and went to the Ferry Terminal where we bought our roundtrip tickets to Coz and back. It was a piece of cake...zero problems. Heck we had more trouble getting across the border in Zinc's truck last winter. :D

I'd definitely fly with them again.

Has anyone used VivaAerobus from Austin to Cancun? I am in the airline business but I am leery of foreign lowcost carriers. Curious to anyone's experiences.

If you want another option, my wife and I got a screaming deal on a cruise line out of Galveston going to Coz this January. Really looking forward to the adventure. Coz first stop and the Yucatan Cenotes (Meridia Progresso) trip second stop. 5 day cruise for $300/person. Not bad in our hard economic times.

Shawn O'Shea

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Kind of all of the above. We have certain airlines that our company will put us on and as a pilot I am concerned with all of it when I am in the back. As with all things monetary, I can overlook some of it :confused:

Viva Aerobus is a joint venture between Ryan Air and Mexico's largest bus company. Ryan is a major discount airline in Europe and they are trying to repeat that success in Mexico. They seem to be using Southwest's model of using one type of aircraft (737), no assigned seating and an emphasis on direct flights.

Took them for Thanksgiving week. Arrived at the Austin Airport South Terminal, south of the airport. Small independent terminal, no crowds. No frills flight. 737-300 in good shape. Left at 8:55landed at 11:15. Great terminal in Cancun. No problems, drinks and snacks are 3-5$, I can make it 2 1/2 hours. Looking at flying them again in Feb. Price was awesome, looks like they are not flying as many days a week now. We did NOT pay for early boarding and were in about the $10th row. Diving rocked in Playa, Coz and 2 Cenotes. For $130 R/T, it is a fantastic bargain. We did book the extra 50lb baggage for $10 each way, each dive bag for two weight 48 lbs. Do it.

We did book the extra 50lb baggage for $10 each way, each dive bag for two weight 48 lbs. Do it.

Hello!
Did you pay the extra fee for scuba equipment as well? Or just the extra baggage?
Thanks,
Cyndi

Just $10 per person each way for a 50 lb bag in addition to carryon. I see Jan/Feb has dates open for 129 R/t including tax and bags. Hard to stay at home at that price.

ADO just went up on the price to 90 pesos.

That means the 1-hour bus ride is US$6.70. If that's consistent, you're looking at a $13.40US roundtrip from CAN to PLAYA via Bus.

K-valve,
are you sure this isn't the ole chicken bus?
003.jpg

:wink:smiles:wink:,
Nicco
chicken_bus.jpg

I think I see Zinc's shiny silver doubles just above the roof horn! Hot Damn, sign me up!!

:shakehead:
All in good fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom