Volcanoes and submarines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humdiver

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be here or in Hawaii catagory but anyway Im going to Hawaii the Big Island in Nov to dive and sight see and dive and snorkel and dive!! Maybe Ill sleep too:) We plan on going up to the volcano on the high Hilo side and on another day do the 100 ft deep submarine on the low Kona side how do I factor in the extreme elevation changes into my dive tables?
Is there any effect to off gassing from the high sulfur content at the volcano?
They never mentioned submarines in my training!!
Thanks

Hello humdiver:

Altitude

There are various modifications to the surface interval tables. The ones from NOAA are often referred to on this site. Some reader can, I am sure, direct you to where these can be found. They tell you how long the surface interval must be before you can ascend to altitude. They contain residual nitrogen groups and thus are dive dependent.

Sulfur :crossbone:

No, the sulfur will not enter into the dive calculations. This is assuming that you get only a whiff and do not actually damage your lungs!

Dr Deco :doctor:

What the Doc said about altitude...

The sub is pressurized so it doesn't affect your diving either way. Otherwise they'd be bringing everybody up really really slowly.....Having been on it in Maui, I can attest to the fact that they don't do a safety stop with the whole boat. (Is a sub a boat?)

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/faq.php?faq=16

Note: the above statements are my opinion only and may have no basis in reality....

Back
Top Bottom