volo power vs. Quatro Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So my volo powers were stolen the other day. Left them at the beach parking,drove back 15 mins later to find them gone.

Anyhow,i used them,liked them but want to try something different from Mares. I hear good things about the Quattro Excels. What are the differences between Volo Power and Quattro Excel? The sad thing is I cant try a fin before I buy.

thanks!

There are two immediate and main differences between the Excel and the Volo. the first is the weight, the Excel feels heavier on you feet than the Volo. The second is the stiffness, if your used to the Volo (ie no stiffness whatsoever), the Excel will feel like your calf muscles are about to fall off!When I wore the Volos over Excels I had to keep checking to see if I even had them on still!

Freds :coffee:

thanks Fred.

What about buoyancy? During a recent and very shallow dive (max depth was 3 meters), I felt like the bottom half of my body was floating way too much...does that have to do with depth?

Just got a pair of Volo Powers and love 'em. Used a pair of Power Planas for 18 years and thought they were great till I tried the Volo Powers. The Power Planas are stiff, probably even stiffer than the quatros but move you. I was a little concerned I would loose power with the Volo Powers but they seem to move me just as well if not better than the Power Planas but with much less effort.

Back
Top Bottom