voltage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We will be in Roatan and Utila soon but I can't find any info on the board regading if an electrical adapter is needed if coming from the USA. Does anyone know?

In Roatan, you won't need a volatage adapter. I've never been to Utila, but I'd imagine that the story is the same there.

Agree. Was there last year in May, took our coffee maker and electric toothbrush...no problem.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Here's a broader answer... all countries listed...

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Understand that Voltage is but one factor. Consider also whether you wish to plug your dainty delicate transistorized toys into a line that is prone to surges, spikes and fluctuations. You might want a conditioner if you have fancy stuff. Either that or charge the batteries then unplug and run the actual unit on battery power.

Many places (certainly in the bay Islands) have ongoing momentary (at least) interuptions and burps. This can cause certain recharges with "logic" circuits to begin the discharge/charge cycle anew when ever the lose power. Gotta be smarter than the machine!

Thanks all. We only need to charge camera batteries and we have a charger for that, but thanks for the advice regarding power surges.

Back
Top Bottom