Volunteer Divers Needed For NC Archaeological Dive Team! Open Water Divers and up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SIDCO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit archaeological dive team based in Beaufort NC. We are looking for volunteer divers seriously interested in preserving this state's vast submerged cultural resources. If you are willing to learn, we will OJT. We work very closely with state, federal and local authorities and are affiliated with the NC Department of Cultural Resources. We have worked on projects in Carteret, Hyde and Dare Counties including the Blackbeard Shipwreck Project and we are currently working with the US Coast Guard & East Carolina University on a confidential project near Ocracoke.
We generally work on weekends, ranging from one to three day missions and once in a while we will work for an extended period on special projects. We supply lodging, air and equipment, as needed. We have team members as far away as Greenville, but the closer to Carteret County, the better.
If you have interests in video, still photography, artifact conservation, public relations and grants, museum curation, boat crew and navigation, light construction and, of course, mapping and survey, we have much to offer you!
Please contact Bobby Willis (VP, SIDCO) at 252-725-1514 ~ or ~ Rob Smith (President, SIDCO) at 252-656-8003 or email us at wrecksite@ec.rr.com. For more info, see our web site at www.sidco.org. See our youtube video page at www.youtube.com/sidco.

If I could commit the time is be all over it. Unfortunately I end up with some short fused tasking a that leave my weekends a bit unreliable. Sounds like a lot of fun for a maritime history nut like me though.

A few questions, off the top of my head.

Is this seasonal work, or year round? (as I recall from my brief stay in NC, diving was seasonal)

Do you have a specific age range or demographic in mind?

What level of commitment is desired? I.e. single weekend versus full season, etc.

What equipment should one bring? I.e. personal dive gear, cameras, etc?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom