Volunteer Opportunities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClarkKent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a little bit of free time on my hands and was wondering if there were any volunteer opportunities in the Vancouver Area for SCUBA Divers?

I was thinking something along the lines of fish counts, research etc .... Research interestes me the most.

If anyone knows of anything or knows where to find information please let me know.

Cheers

Check with the Vancouver Aquarium... they have vacancies all the time... however they want you to have lots of experience. minimum of 20 dives a year in BC cold waters etc...

that's for volunteering to clean dolphin sh1t

they do rockfish counts at porteau though and seattle aquarium are doing six gill counts, nothing in terms of research.
vince sounds right.

extensive??

*chuckle*

thats like saying beer @ -2C is only mildly appealing during our little warm spell

I remember a couple guests participating in that down south. The on lady took rather extensive notes in her logbook, but both used area specific slates and were patently un-able to dive at even the current's speed since they were constantly trying to mark down all of everything...

fun for the logger, not so much for anyone buddying or babysitting

Logging dives.. you know you can just make stuff up.

Thankfully all my dives are on my computer, god knows how to get them out there or even to check them. God bless automatic on/off

yeah, cause im rich and i can do that :p

If **** happens, i can drop weights and buddy can bring me up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom