Vortex is looking different!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would sure like to see it returned to a natural state, but that might be a mud pit. It is what it is. If the frog pond was adequate for confined water training, that would be great,

well, all this talk of the changes has got me wanting to go. I think we'll try to go Sunday. looks like the weather will be good. Even if viz isn't so great it still will be interesting. i need to try out my new computer anyway

went this past weekend with adventure sports for my daughter to do her checkout dives. Probably going back next week during the work week so she can see what it looks like clear and not 3 foot of viz. I could not really tell what they have done beside move a cave to a different part of the spring due to the viz. i did see about 5 big piles of weeds on the side of the spring that they brought up; still have a ways to go. gas fills have gone up which is a bummer. 7$ plus tax for air and 12$ plus tax for nitrox. the new food place is great. first time i had fried oreo's. Burgers and steak sandwich are very good. Poor ol Sally's is going to lose customers.

...gas fills have gone up which is a bummer. 7$ plus tax for air and 12$ plus tax for nitrox.
That Sucks! :shakehead:

gas fills have gone up which is a bummer. 7$ plus tax for air and 12$ plus tax for nitrox.

Their website still lists it at $19.00

well per the above, their nitrox fills have gone up to $12, but their website doesn't reflect that. (I'm betting they just haven't updated it yet).

$12 nitrox fills are becoming more and more common to reflect the true cost of doing business. At vortex, they can pretty much charge a higher rate because they have a somewhat captive audience and a lot of people just refill the same tank over and over while there. They are also the only dive shop with fills within almost an hour drive. So it's not like they've got much competition.

so just get your fills in Panama City if you're doing boat dives beforehand. Pat Greens' shop does $5 nitrox fills. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom