Vote for ScubaKevDM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I emailed Brad Nolan at Dive Chonicles this evening and he replied promptly and reinforced that the voting and the submission of letters of recommendation have ended. I guess we will all find out the results on December 6.

I don't believe I ever saw the contest closing date(s) posted on the Dive Chronicles website. The voting reported by divematt above may be the most current before the website was closed today.

Best of luck to Kevin

I'm coming down and diving with Underwater Explorers the weekend of Dec 5-6. Wil tells me they're running even if Kev is at the convention center accepting the award. Several open seats available, why not come join us, hopefully for the celebration

Good diving, Craig

I emailed Brad Nolan at Dive Chonicles this evening and he replied promptly and reinforced that the voting and the submission of letters of recommendation have ended. I guess we will all find out the results on December 6.

I don't believe I ever saw the contest closing date(s) posted on the Dive Chronicles website. The voting reported by divematt above may be the most current before the website was closed today.

Best of luck to Kevin

I'm coming down and diving with Underwater Explorers the weekend of Dec 5-6. Wil tells me they're running even if Kev is at the convention center accepting the award. Several open seats available, why not come join us, hopefully for the celebration

Good diving, Craig

Since you will be out diving, I guess we will have kevin pass on the award,(if he won) and give it to someone that will be there........yep....to someone that will be there, at the Florida Dive Show. The Florida Dive Show In Palm Beach, FL.......:D

Why don't some of us try and join the event where hopefully Kevin will be getting his award. I'd give up a dive to see Kevin, the most deserving Divemaster win this award. He's worked long and hard for it, and deserves it.

Can Dive Chronicles give us the time, date and location for the award?

Thanks in advance.

Best of luck to Kevin

Good diving, Craig

Since you will be out diving, I guess we will have kevin pass on the award,(if he won) and give it to someone that will be there........yep....to someone that will be there, at the Florida Dive Show. The Florida Dive Show In Palm Beach, FL.......:D

Pay attention Brad, it's not hard and doesn't cost anything..... He said the boat will be running even though Kevin WILL be at the convention center in case he wins.
Clear enough??

That is meanspirited or was that meant as a joke. As you can tell by this thread & the Boynton one Kevin has a very loyal following from all over not just locally. There is no one who deserves this award more than Kevin. I sent in a letter that I also personally emailed to you (?Brad or is this Phil) that I never heard if it was received so I am concerned about that in regards to the voting process but no matter whether he wins or not I am proud of all his loyal divers for speaking up & encouraging all to vote for the person we respect & like & want to dive with above all others.

Florida Dive Show - Sunday

Website says the award is scheduled for Sunday at 11 am in Room 2. There will probably be a big turnout of Kevin's fans.

Best of luck to Kevin

Good diving, Craig

That is meanspirited or was that meant as a joke. As you can tell by this thread & the Boynton one Kevin has a very loyal following from all over not just locally. There is no one who deserves this award more than Kevin. I sent in a letter that I also personally emailed to you (?Brad or is this Phil) that I never heard if it was received so I am concerned about that in regards to the voting process but no matter whether he wins or not I am proud of all his loyal divers for speaking up & encouraging all to vote for the person we respect & like & want to dive with above all others.

Florida Dive Show - Sunday

I will choose to interpret the comment from Dive Chonicles as an attempt at a joke and a plug for the meeting. Though the rules of the contest were, at times, confusing, Brad Nolan always answered my personal messages or emails promptly and accurately. The content of some of those communications are posted in this thread.

As for the diving, being from Philadelphia, I have limited opportunities compared to my South Florida friends. It just so happens that my wife has a professional meeting in Hollywood the weekend of Dec 5-6 and those 2 days of diving have been planned since early summer, well before the contest was announced. I fully expect Kevin to be accepting the award on Sunday the 6th at the Florida Dive Show at the Palm Beach Convention Center at 11 AM in Room 2.

I doubt there is any confusion on Dive Chronicle's part regarding the high esteem to which I hold Kevin and his operation. A quick review of my letter of recommendation would put an end to that. "My new favorite dive location in the US is Boynton Beach, largely due to the fantastic service and experience delivered by Kevin Metz, South Florida Dive Professional of the Year".

Warm regards and good diving to all, Craig

I will choose to interpret the comment from Dive Chonicles as an attempt at a joke and a plug for the meeting. Though the rules of the contest were, at times, confusing, Brad Nolan always answered my personal messages or emails promptly and accurately. The content of some of those communications are posted in this thread.

As for the diving, being from Philadelphia, I have limited opportunities compared to my South Florida friends. It just so happens that my wife has a professional meeting in Hollywood the weekend of Dec 5-6 and those 2 days of diving have been planned since early summer, well before the contest was announced. I fully expect Kevin to be accepting the award on Sunday the 6th at the Florida Dive Show at the Palm Beach Convention Center at 11 AM in Room 2.

I doubt there is any confusion on Dive Chronicle's part regarding the high esteem to which I hold Kevin and his operation. A quick review of my letter of recommendation would put an end to that. "My new favorite dive location in the US is Boynton Beach, largely due to the fantastic service and experience delivered by Kevin Metz, South Florida Dive Professional of the Year".

Warm regards and good diving to all, Craig

Go Kevin :bump:

There is no way Kevin could NOT have won, unless the contest was rigged.

Yeppers! Lead the contest the entire time by literally HUNDREDS of votes. Kevin has arranged to take time off as the sole proprietor of his very busy business to be at the show and has promoted Dive Chronicles to several people.

I would not be concerned about Shenanigans except the last comment by DC reads like a highschool paper. Either humor I did not get or perhaps that is just their WebBoy.

I know I would not want to rig a contest whereas the DiveMaster Saint of ScubaBoard clearly WON by HUNDREDS of vote if I was in a public relations related buisness. Look what happened to that other buisness a couple years ago talk about a sad story.. geesh.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom