VT3 / Oceanlog Runtime 3421 error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notrab

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am no able to download my dives from my VT3 into Oceanlog 2.2.4 - 2.2.7 - when I attempt to download my dives into Oceanlog (on two different computers - one Windows XP and one Windows 7) upon slecting OK after disconnecting the PDC from the USB adapter when prompted I recieve a Run-time error '3421' Data Type Conversion Error

When I acknowledge the error (which must be done to continue) the Oceanlog program closes. It never gets to the point where it is possible to select which dives to download.

I also own a Atom 2.0 and have no issues downloading my dives onto the same computers that the VT3 will not work with. Please advise if there is anything I should try. I've un-installed and re-installed the USB drivers and Oceanlog software but have not been able to download dives from the VT3 since 3/24/2010 - is it possible the latest version 2.2.7 is the cause somehow? I've tried a fresh install of 2.2.4 and 2.2.6 with the same result.

Thanks for any assistance,
Sean

Also when I click on Configuration, Dive Computer I get a "Invalid Use of Null" error and the program aborts and closes right away. The program has always been flaky in my opinion, this is just the latest.

version 2.2.7 build 3.03.10

I Had this problem in the past while trying to download the GEO. Your computer will not allow you to download if the battery falls below a certain voltage. The low battery icon does not have to be present in order for this to happen. Try changing the battery, it worked for me.

I actually just did change the battery two weeks ago. Error still occuring though. And now I have managed to flood the battery compartment... for nothing.

I actually just did change the battery two weeks ago. Error still occuring though. And now I have managed to flood the battery compartment... for nothing.

What brand battery did you use? Some batteries don't supply enough pulse needed for these computers. I believe Oceanic recommends Sony.

I did install a Sony. Perhaps it is just a dud...?

After a reboot of your computer plug your download adapter cable into a different port on your computer.

So I've tried different USB ports, rebooting first, different computers and it doesn't fix the problem. There must be something, maybe a incompatibility with Office 2007?I'll have to monkey around with it some more. Thanks for the suggestions and if anyone comes across this please advise.

Thanks,
Sean

I'm on office 2007 enterprize edition and it is working properly.
Have you tried going into the windows control panel programs and features(windows 7) add or remove programs(windows XP) and click on highlight the Oceanlog software and click on "repair". also reinstall the download adapter driver. This is separate software available on the Oceanic website. Use care to download and install the proper driver for your operating system version 32 or 64 bit.

Back
Top Bottom