VT3 / Oceanlog Runtime 3421 error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oceanlog and USB driver work fine with my Atom 2.0 - it's the VT3 which I think logs more accurate info (depth and temp. anyway) which I can't get my dives off of. Everything looks like it's working when I go to download the dives, it progresses through the download process. I get as far as the "unclip your PDC and hit enter" portion of the process. When I hit enter to acknowledge the unclipping of my VT3 from the download cable - I get that run time error. Upon acknowledging the run time error Oceanlog just closes :-(

This happens on two different computers that I've tried to download my dives with. Both computers are able to download the dives off of the Atom 2.0 though - I've tried everything suggested so far. I'm beggining to think I will just send it back to Oceanic and see if they will replace it. Maybe the data cable? The error itself indicates that there was a unexected character in a feild were a particular type of character should be (numbers where it was expecting letters or vice - versa)

I'm thinking data cable, too.

Anyone around you know from whom you could borrow a known working cable?

I'll figure something out and post back my results.

So, I installed Oceanlog onto a third computer tonight and still get that Run time error 3421... so I am thinking it is likely the datacable. What a rip for a USB cable - $89.00 ? Seriously Oceanic? If a new cable doesn't fix the issue hopefully I can return it....sheesh!

So I bought the new data cable. While I don't get the error anymore, now the Oceanlog program just closes after I "okay" the unclip PDC dialoge button..... WTF?

Wow, so I have replaced the data cable and when attempting to download dives onto a Windows 7 computer Oceanlog just closes after pressing OKAY to unclip PDC dialogue. When attempting to download dives to a Windows XP computer I am still getting the freaking Runtime error 3421. Anyone got any suggestions on what to try next?

Notrab try this backup you DLG file and your backup file. Then find this file FTDIUNIN.exe and run it. That file will uninstall the oceanic USB drivers. Then uninstall oceanlog and delete the oceanlog folder. Once that done reinstall both the USB drivers and Oceanlog the try and download the VT3.

NCadiver - thanks for the reply. I tried the whole uninstall reinstall of Oceanlog / deleting the folder and uninstalling the USB drivers but am still getting that damn Runtime Error. I'm thinking I may need to clear the memory somehow on the VT3. There must be some data stored that is causing Oceanlog issues.

Anyone know how to clear the VT3? I'm thinking about setting the sampling rate to 2 seconds and see if it will overwrite the potential bad data. ANY ideas are welcome!

Sean

Over writting the data is the only way to clear the data. You may want to try and download one dive at time to see if you can get most of them down.
And their are two other thing you can try one is the same thing I told you earlier plus delete the DAO360.dll file and see if that works or do one more dive and see if that reindex the dive information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom