Vulcanized Rubber VS TriLaminates Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
To anyone and everyone,

I want to know the pros and cons of Vucanized VS Trilaminate suits. So if you can put in your .02 cents than please do....I really appreciate it. I will be doing majority of cold water dives here in the northwest. Need something that can last for years and easy to maintain.

Aaron

My 2 cents.

Rubber is easy to patch, dries quickly, and easy to clean. Vikings are very dry, but can be expensive. A good trilam is pretty tough, but I'm not sure how well they patch up. I use the Abyss Pro Kevlar TX which is a 3 mil crushed neoprene with a Kevlar shell. It's used by commercial divers a lot. It is very tough, but takes all night to dry. I like my suit better than any I've seen for wreck diving. I spent $1400 for a custom suit and would buy another if I had to.

Mike

I can put you in touch with someone who is selling new Viking Pro 1000 suits for around $1300-$1400 if you'd like.

Mike

I would recomend Viking - reliable, easy to maintain and durable. For more info check:http://www.dyk-brand.se/index.htm
Norm

Back
Top Bottom