Vyper Novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chicken SCUBA

Contributor
Reaction score
So I see the new Vyper Novo advertised on a couple of web sites with the price and expected "in stock" date of early December. Looks like all they gave the new Vyper is a face life, a third gas and free dive mode. I for one am a little disappointed that the new Novo series is apparently sticking with the old RGBM and not moving to the newer Fused RGBM.

Hendrik,

A friend and I were talking about the new Vyper Novo and he want to know if it too will have both phosphorescence and electro-luminescence. it and the Zoop Novo do look like the same housing and screen so I told him I'd ask.

Thank,

$730 for a segmented-screen, nitrox-only, recreational computer? What am I missing?

Hi,
they share the same kind of screen. The large middle field is matrix, not segmented. As much as I'd like to pass on more specifics I'll have to ask for patience until its official launch...

br Hendrik

$730 for a segmented-screen, nitrox-only, recreational computer? What am I missing?

Plus $450 for the transmitter. Nothing like a $1200 rec computer.....

Well it's out,

We should have some opinions on it soon. Until they offer it with a free transmitter or the stores stop trying to get MSRP I don't see many people forking over the money unless they are replacing a broken unit and already have a transmitter. At the previously mentions $1200ish you're in reach of a Eon, past a Shearwater and still black and white so...

I've recently bought one with a wireless transmitter. Excellent computer. (previous was a suunto gekko)
All that you'll ever need as a recreational diver. Really like that it comes with a bungee mount as well as a strap.
Compass feature is a nice addition, although I still prefer an analog one.
Price-point is a bit steep on you're side of the pond. Here in Europe it retails at about $700,- incl. transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom