WA lens - RX100 / Nauticam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have basically 4 options, depending on how much money you have.
M67 thread: Fix UWL28M52 or iDivesite UWL04
Inon LD Bayonet through Fix M67-LDF Pro adapter:UWL-H100 28LD plus dome
Inon 28AD bayonet through fix M67-ADF Pro adapter: UWL-100 28AD : contrary to what people say this works fine as the RX100 at 28mm is fully extended. This lens can be found second hand
Inon AD bayonet: you need a Fix M67-ADF Pro plus my mod kit with spacer and screw then you can attach the Inon UFL165AD

Lens wise the Inon UWL-H100 or UWL-100 28AD once you have the dome are the best, but they are expensive
The Fix lens is fine so is the UWL-04
The Inon UFL165AD remains my preferred lens as it is small and has bayonet can be found 2nd hand,
The RX100 requires a close up lens even just for close up! A lot of lens changes, needs light lenses and a good caddy

Hi again Interceptor,

What happens when using UWL-100 28AD with the FIX adapter plus your modification? it seems that it's the same AD mount that for UFL165AD but would the spacer prevent from using it?

UWL-100 28AD does not need spacer ring works out of the box with the fix adapter. The fix adapter is in fact a 28ADF to M67. If you want to connect the diopters UCL165AD you need a spacer the Inon out of the shelf will work fine, look for Inon AD to 28AD converter ring

so the UWL-100 28AD doesn't need the spacer, but having it would make it unusable?
As I already have the fix adapter + spacer for UCL165 I was looking for a WA lens that I could change directly. If it is indeed unusable with UWL-100 28AD, I assume I can only use UWL-105AD to 'quick-change' between both lenses.

so the UWL-100 28AD doesn't need the spacer, but having it would make it unusable?
As I already have the fix adapter + spacer for UCL165 I was looking for a WA lens that I could change directly. If it is indeed unusable with UWL-100 28AD, I assume I can only use UWL-105AD to 'quick-change' between both lenses.

Another economic option for quick mount: use the cheap 10bar adapter ring without spacer (it doesn't take any anyway) or the FIX Prod adapter without spacer, which will allow using the UWL-100 28AD. Then buy the Inon AD-28AD adapter and use this when mounting UCL-165. Screw/unscrew UCL165 together with the new (and also cheap) adapter. All your lenses UWL-100 28AD and UCL-165 could be be used and you still can make use of the Inon quick mount.

Last edited:
sorry to bring up an old thread but just scored an acromat UWL100 :wink:

I wanted to buy INON UCL-165AD and INON UWL-100 28AD and use it with my Rx100 Nauticam camera. I was told by the merchant, that it will have serious vignetting if using AD lens and offered UWL-H100 28M67 Type 2. I still want to keep the option of swapping a wide and a diopter using bayonet. I spent several days reading almost every forum about this issue, but I am uncertain.
Please give me an advice.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

The flat lens UWL100 28AD will not vignette without the dome
With the dome it will vignette but that's the same with the UWL-H100 with dome
The UCL165 AD will require an adapter and vignette severely
This is a minor problem as with close up lenses you zoom to the max where the lens does not vignette
If you have money and want to future proof your investment invest in LD bayonet format lenses you will bar the best choose and the least amount of vignette problems

Thanks Interceptor, I have been reading extensively your blog and your comments on different forums. My next question would have been the LD mount, as I have understood the distance between the housing and the lens is less than with the AD system. As I remember the adapter can only be purchased from Nauticam for about $160.
Vignetting with diopter is not a big issue as you already mentioned. For wide lens I do not think I need the dome, it is too heavy and during video the distortion at the edge of the screen is annoying - not to mention the extra dollars.
I am going to dive at Sipadan in October and I want to have the appropriate equipment for this occasion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom