WA option for EPL1/PT-EP01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GMH

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to move to WA shot. Understand the lumix 7-14mm has the widest view. Any problem using it on the EPL1? Any port availabe in the market now? Thanks.

You have three choices for excellent wide angle, 8 mm fisheye, 7-14 zoom (114 degrees on the wide end), 9-18 zoom (100 degrees on the wide end). Zen Underwater makes the ZEN WA-100 Pen Dome for the PT-E01 housing which can be used with the 14-42 and 89-18 lenses. I have used the 7-14 with an Athena adapter and the Olympus 170 mm dome port. A port for the 7-14 is being considered by ZEN Underwater and I am sure a port for the 8 mm fisheye will be develpoed by someone.

Image 9-18 at 9 mm with the ZEN WA-100 port.

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• _8314237.jpg
    _8314237.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 269
You have three choices for excellent wide angle, 8 mm fisheye, 7-14 zoom (114 degrees on the wide end), 9-18 zoom (100 degrees on the wide end). Zen Underwater makes the ZEN WA-100 Pen Dome for the PT-E01 housing which can be used with the 14-42 and 89-18 lenses. I have used the 7-14 with an Athena adapter and the Olympus 170 mm dome port. A port for the 7-14 is being considered by ZEN Underwater and I am sure a port for the 8 mm fisheye will be develpoed by someone.

Image 9-18 at 9 mm with the ZEN WA-100 port.

Phil Rudin

Nice shot

Thanks Phil. I have never done WA shot. I guess shooting WA is to get close enough for the strobe to the main object and yet capture a big interesting back ground. Comparing the 9-18 mm and 7-14 mm, which one is better.

The idea of very wide angle lenses for U/W photography is to reduce the distance between the lens and subject. Being very close can reduce backscatter when using strobes and improves color saturation,sharpness and much more. I have used both lenses and prefer the more expensive 7-14 becuase it is what I am use to. My Olympus E-3 go to wide angle is a 7-14. Both are great lenses and ZEN will soom have a dome for the 7-14 in a few weeks. The 7-14/ZEN combo would be my first choice. I am not a big fan of fisheye lenses and will wait to see the Olympus 8 mm fisheye, I am sure a dome will be ready by then.

Phil Rudin

Zen Domes/Ports for the Panny 7-14 & 8mm FE as well as the 45 macro are due out towards the end of this month, although that may slip a little.

DPReview has an excellent article reviewing and comparing the 7-14 & 9-18. Basically they say the 7-14 is better, but at a much higher cost.

The 8mm FE should give the widest angle and sharpest corners, IMHO. Again, an expensive lens.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom