Waited way to long!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milkman670

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
At 55 yrs old, I finally got my OW cert today. I just wish i would have done it 20 yrs ago. 4 great dives in Playa del Carmen with Igor of Mexico Blue Dream. Dive sights Jardine, Shanghai-la, Barracuda and Tarpon. Couple days off to spend with mi esposa then booked for 10 more with Cozumel and cenoteas in the mix.

Better later than never. I got back into diving after several years off and am really enjoying it! Welcome to the sport!

I had done some resort dives over the years and had wanted to get certified but just never took the time to do it until 3 years ago. I received my OW cert about 3 weeks before my 58th birthday. Then my wife got certified the following year. We have been a lot of diving since.

So, yeah, I know exactly what you’re talking about wishing you'd done it sooner.

Welcome. I got OW at 51, but that was due to my occupation location. I'm jealous as you already almost have as many tropical dives as me (13).

I got my OW at 64. And I too wish I had started sooner, but there is still plenty of time. I'm heading to the Caribbean in a few days. Can't wait.

Welcome and Congrats! Work on your buoyancy and trim every dive - everything you do underwater will be much easier once you get a good handle on those. now go dive

this was 2nd dive on first day. Bouyancy came to me real quick, would like to lose a couple pounds of weight, I'm at 14lbs right now. I am having some ear issues, feeling like still have water inside and everthing sounds muffled. I'm thinking I wasn't equilizing often enough.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting into it and joining SCUBABoard. I first used SCUBA back in 1962 but don't let your "late" start bother you. At my age I've forgotten ever dive except the one I did yesterday or was it the day before?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom