Wakatobi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One month till we head to Wakatobi - kind of my dream trip. Have lusted over this trip for years. Will be with my GF woh is a new diver but eager for the adventure. Will be shooting stills and video. Have read every review know to man on the place hope it matches the dream!!

Joe

We're going there in August too, to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We get there August 16 after a few days in Bali. Can't wait!

fda483 ...

I'd say if you wanted blue water and pelagics, or wrecks, you should lower your expectations a bit. But for sheer density and variety of reef life, I think you'll find it matches your dream. We were there in '07, and I'd go back in a New York minute ... or whenever someone sends me a fat check to get there! :wink:

fda483 ...

I'd say if you wanted blue water and pelagics, or wrecks, you should lower your expectations a bit. But for sheer density and variety of reef life, I think you'll find it matches your dream. We were there in '07, and I'd go back in a New York minute ... or whenever someone sends me a fat check to get there! :wink:

I like all those things too, but this trip is about pristine reef. While all diving is good in my book, I'm kind of Caribbean-ed out at this point. Need more color and a ton of fish!!!

Joe

Joe, Have a great time and I hope you post a trip report.

We were there in April. You will love it!!! And you will be spoiled. Also do the behind the scenes tour of the resort, it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom