Wanna be a dork diver too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcomes! Appreciate it! Yes indeed, be safe or be dead! um.... I think safe sounds much better <grin>

Btw, it loks like I will be doing check outs in West Palm Beach in May! YaY! Warm water sounds sooo good about now. I am so sick of winter :<,

You know I didn't think I was a Dork Diver until I caught myself wondering if anyone has attempted to play scrabble while scuba diving. I saw diving in San Diego/Mexico a few weekends ago and there was a perfect sandy bottom to just place the board...no stop, not going there again with my thoughts. If it was just a moment of Dorkiness I think I can recover.

You know I didn't think I was a Dork Diver until I caught myself wondering if anyone has attempted to play scrabble while scuba diving. I saw diving in San Diego/Mexico a few weekends ago and there was a perfect sandy bottom to just place the board...no stop, not going there again with my thoughts. If it was just a moment of Dorkiness I think I can recover.
I would have played Scrabble, but I haven't decided how to secure the pieces yet. I'm thinking that magnets are likely to be the best idea, especially considering a game may need to be moved while in progress (unless it's super speed Scrabble).

I was thinking that the small travel board with magnetic back. There was no current or surge the dive site was protected from that because of the small island. Oh no there I go again. I was think of just trying it once. There are ways to play shortened versions of the game. That doesn't make me a Dork Diver does it?

I have a travel scrabble board that would work prefectly. It has a plastic grid the the pieces snap into and they are stored in a small draw string bag when not in use. The trays that hold your letters even flip closed when not in use.

When I figure ot how to add pictures to posts, I will upload a picture of the board.

Back
Top Bottom