Wanna go Boat Diving Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey,

I can't believe it's taken me this long to do this.

Here's the deal.

I've got a 28 foot Grady White that I NEED to take diving.:D I moved down from Michigan 5 months ago, got my boat here 3 months ago, and haven't been diving yet. To save a little a face, I do boat quite a bit, just don't have dive buddies here yet and my wife doesn't move down until the end of September.

Please help me!

I'm planning on going both tomorrow(29th) and Sunday(30th). As of now, I have no one with me and the boat comfortably dives four with two tanks each, could do more if a group wanted to go, six total divers would be the max. I will only go more than three additional people if a larger group wants to go together.

I will be going out this weekend weather permitting. If some of you fine people would like to join me, that would be great.

A few of the details:

Boat: 2001 Grady White 282 Sailfish. Proper electronics. Proper dive ladder. Eight tank holders. Full enclosed head in the fully enclosed cabin(you are welcome to use both). Twin 225 Mercury Optimax's. Fresh water rinse. I also carry O2 in a 30cf tank with a SCUBA reg. Lot's of SCUBA spares and tools.

Me: 200+ dives. Almost exclusively in Lake Michigan and the Straits of Mackinaw. Been 150+.

The Diving: I haven't done a ton of diving down here yet. I would be willing to go dive pretty much anywhere you'd like.

The little catch. I would expect you to contribute to fuel, and I do mean fuel only. If we dive close, 20ish, if you want to go to the Spiegel Grove, it'll probably be over $100.

The boat is located in Riverland which is about an hour, twenty from the ocean. I may be willing to pick you up at the Dania Beach Marina if needed.

pm with questions.

Thanks

Don't really have a set time in mind. Was thinking earlier is probably better for sea condition.

wish I knew you were going out earlier: I would have loved to join you, but this weekend is shot. Welcome to FL from MI, a buddy of mine used to keep his 28 foot Grady White in Port Clinton and South Haven: he was a salmon fisherman (and late trout) and I went out with him a few times. He sold his boat when he moved down here a couple of years ago.

Welcome, sounds like a good weekend! Wish I could join you, but I have plans this weekend. Maybe another?

And yes, shame on you for having a "dive ready" boat and not diving on it the last 3 months! :wink:

Too bad I already have dive plans for tomorrow but welcome!!! Until I was divorced I had a 25' Grady Sailfish and I LOVED diving off her, and we took her down to the Keys a few times for 2-week vacations. GREAT boat!!! BTW if you aren't already familiar with the club South Florida Divers, please shoot me a PM...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom