Wanna go to Bonaire--Late Jan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...maybe those of us who are going to be there for New Years will have such an awesome time that we'll just decide to stay on for an extra few weeks.

Anybody out there know of anyone looking to hire short term staff for the month of January.....I can teach, bartend, garden, drive, shop, clean, house sit, dog walk, donkey walk...oh, and I dive too!

Shoot, to stay in Bonaire for an extra month, there isn't much I WOULDN'T do.

If I had too much money i would be there right now.

I get 3 weeks vacation at the start of the year so this is one week of that 3 weeks.

I have a good paying job, a car payment and I live at home with the parents. Life is good and so is the diving.

If I could up and leave the states for a year and live in Bonaire I would do it...why not? Plenty to dive..plenty to see...heck, I should do it...imagine the dives I would log..ohh my.

hmmmm..wonder how that would work out.. I could save up the money and maybe instead of a year..do a couple months...maybe fly back home for a couple days..

interesting..very interesting.

I wonder how much that would cost!!!

Dear Santa...drop off some benjamins

I'm currently in between jobs and would love to be located someplace like Bonaire! (I just don't think they'd need me!)

But... What I've been thinking would be a lot of fun would be to start an adventure tourism business on Christmas Island.

There is diving, sea Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Hiking, fishing... I was talking to the head of the board of tourism there a couple of months ago and he said there is not a single group there doing that kind of tourism!

Sigh... If I only had the money, or could get serious about raising it! :(

Matt

I am in a position to just up and leave and do it..I think that would be just awesome..

Between the accomodations, diving package, meals, misc....it might cost a pretty penny.

Hmm...

I might just price it out....maybe I could make a deal with one of the places I would stay at. and make it a little cheaper.

Hmmmm, this thinking is just not healthy..

Hey jepuskar,
What was the average water temp you were getting down there? Was the diving really that good that you want to go back in 2 weeks? :eek:

Water temp was 80 degrees at the surface and at 100 feet

I used a full 3mm and was completely comfortable the whole time...not too warm and not too cold..just right.

I realize there are other places that have 80 degree temps and good viz, but there is something about seeing soo many divers....everywhere u look, pickup trucks on the roads with scuba gear hanging out...it really is divers paradise. Keep in mind, these were my first ocean dives..coming from Chicago, where quarries and lakes are the thing with 5-20 foot viz.

To answer your question directly...YES yes and yes. I'm not sure what your diving experiences are or your background, but I'm beyond hooked on diving Bonaire.

I was hooked on diving before I left, but I'll never forget when I first saw the reef. It was right in front of Capt. Don's..we followed the rope they have there straight to the reef..and about 30 feet it started. I had that same feeling every dive..AWESOME

Do me a favor. Write this down---You and your group drive to the site named Alice in Wonderland...its on the south side of the island about a mile or two past the salt pier. Alice has 2 reefs..inner and outer..they are seperated between about 100 feet of a sandy bottom..this is about at 80 feet. When you pass over the inner reef you will see the sandy bottom....I just had a great inner moment at that point..I kneeled on the bottom....you will see a bunch of garden eels on the sand....they will duck back in there holes when you arrive..its funny to see, but kneeling on the bottom i just looked at the reef in front of me and looked up at the surface...it was awesome..that will be the first dive i do when i arrive.

Ok, im about to cry......

Back
Top Bottom