Want a Spring Fling dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,

Would anyone be interested in putting together a "spring fling" dive gathering to kick off a new dive season? Beaver Lake in Arkansas had sweet visibility last April. Granted the temps left a bit to be desired for some, but it was worth it!

Of course, we'd have to see when the DUI Dog Days is coming back so we can schedule around it (it was at the end of April this year).

If enough people are interested, I'll look into the cost for renting the pavillion at Dam Site Park.

I would be interested. The only problem for me is that I work a lot of weekends and I would have to know very shortly when you planned on doing it so I could put in now for that weekend off. I will check how my schedule looks for April when I get into the office on Mon. Hopefully we can get a good bit of people to respond so we can get something together. I would like to get to meet some of the people that I talk with on here.

Phil

I'd probably be interested in it, I don't dive there often but for lots of dives in a day I'd be interested.

I would like to say one thing, diving season never ends. IMO it ends the last day of the year when I do my dive at TableRock and starts the next day when I dive Beaver Lake or some quarry.

Best diving is during the Winter, but it's tough finding buddies.

I agree. Makes me want a dry suit more and more. Going to break out the 7mm for the first time this year to see if it's toasty enough for me.

I'll get on top of finding out when DUI will be back in Arkansas so we can avoid or hit that date, depends on if folks want to have the event coincide w/ DUI dog days. Be a great opportunity to get some folks Dry Suit specialties that weekend.

I'd like to see both on the same day. Dive early or late with the Rally, cross the way to the bluff's and dive there for some more fun. Could be an easy way for everybody to meet since there's usually a lot of divers there.

I think that next year I am going to try to get certified on a Dry suit so that I can dive all year, then Matt I will be willing to hit tablerock with you anytime that you want. I do have a 7 mil and a hood so I may try some this winter when I have a few more weekends off just to see how the water is. I hope that we can put something together...

Phil

I'm in

diverdown247:
Hey everyone,

Would anyone be interested in putting together a "spring fling" dive gathering to kick off a new dive season? Beaver Lake in Arkansas had sweet visibility last April. Granted the temps left a bit to be desired for some, but it was worth it!

Of course, we'd have to see when the DUI Dog Days is coming back so we can schedule around it (it was at the end of April this year).

If enough people are interested, I'll look into the cost for renting the pavillion at Dam Site Park.

I think the "Dog Days" weekend would work best for those of us who drive quite a distance.

The past two years several of us were going to meet on Sun for an am dive, last year it ended up being Matt & I, the year before it was Dr Robb & me.

If we could get enough people to commit ($ deposit) then we could go out on CJ Sports "toon" for a couple dives Sun am.

Terry

I'd be willing to chip in some money to do some dives on it. To be honest I'm tired of diving their wetsuits, although I might be willing to give them one more shot at a drysuit. I'll assume they leaked because they were abused. So I'd be perfectly happy to meet that morning and head out to dive if that was the plan, I'd also be happy diving the event first as well. As long as I dive I don't really care where it is.

Back
Top Bottom