Want a Spring Fling dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look at it this way Sean, you can dive their dry suit instead of yours + you get the food for lunch at a pretty cheap price.

Try before you buy type advertising for DUI, so why not.

I think many of us in this thread own a drysuit already as well. In fact I own 2 of them and they're both Vikings. I'll never buy a DUI drysuit if you want to know the truth of the matter, but I just might dive the 450clx for S&G's ya know. I'll use my Viking undergarments in case they flood again this year like they did last year, and they had the nerve before the dive to rib my about my Viking gear...

To me it's more about meeting old friends and making new ones. I'm looking forwards to the event for that reason more than any other. I wish there was enough time to dive with everybody, but alas we must budget our time.

Sounds like fun. We went to the Rally last year at Beaver. One suggestion I would make is take your own "undergarments" such as a pair of sweat pants and sweatshirt. Lots of sweating in theirs.

I just ordered my own Drysuit last Fri :) I am get a White.

For those of you who wish to camp:

I would attempt to get a campsite near Dam Site Park if possible. That's the closest location to where the event is held.

Though DUI won't be performing any night diving that weekend, some of us may be up for hitting a night dive or two depending on temps and people. We hit the bluffs this past April and it was great for a wetsuit dive until you hit 60 ft, the water temp dropped and got very cold: 40 degrees.

I'll be scouting camp sites for the DUI Dog Days Rally 07 at Beaver Lake sometime in February/March. If (and that's a big if) we can reserve sites for Dam Site Park and folks from out of town/state wish to have a site reserved, I'll post up prices and a process to get them reserved (probably the ACOE 800 number).

I will most likely be going down the Friday before the event (April 14-15) to get some personal dive time in as I'll be conducting Dry suit certs, possibly OW as well over the weekend. Mike from Sho-Me Scuba informed me today that he intends to attend the event.

Rumor mill is that ticket sales should be available around Feb. 1st.

Back
Top Bottom