Want to Buy: One ScubaPro Lightning Jet Fin, Size Medium, Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I didn't see a "want to buy" classification so I hope this is the right place :)

I'm hoping to find a single, size medium, ScubaPro Jet Fin in black with the lightning bolt through the insignia.

I am not willing to pay a lot for it--I'm hoping someone lost a fin and has one laying around.

I had someone pick up a pair for me on Hawai'i at a thrift store and they don't match. One is the original type without the lightning bolt and the other is the correct one. They were very cheap so right now I have a backup fin in case my sweetheart loses a fin but I'm really trying to put together a pair for my daughter. Needless to say, that leaves me with one Jet Fin without the lightning bolt if someone needs one (size Medium) which I'll sell for cheap.

. WP_20180504_001.jpg WP_20180504_002.jpg WP_20180504_003.jpg

I had another idea that may help you:
Craigslist

Although you may end up buying a pair vs single fin, prices can be so inexpensive that it (hopefully) should not matter.

Your best bet may be to look for listings with multiple older items. I barely glanced at this post, so IDK if it is even near you. (S)he's asking $20 for the pair plus wt belt etc. It's just a quick example...

Good luck

ScubaPro brand Swim Fins and Weight Belt with Certified Diver weights

Last edited:
I had another idea that may help you:
Craigslist

Although you may end up buying a pair vs single fin, prices can be so inexpensive that it (hopefully) should not matter.

Your best bet may be to look for listings with multiple older items. I barely glanced at this post, so IDK if it is even near you. (S)he's asking $20 for the pair plus wt belt etc. It's just a quick example...

Good luck

ScubaPro brand Swim Fins and Weight Belt with Certified Diver weights

Funny, but I've emailed that person twice so far and got no response. :!

I'm looking for some lead too and that's only about $1/pound which would make the fins free :D I was in Hawai'i last month and new lead weights are going for $5.50/lb, even at Walmart.

If I got the XL fins I could probably wear those but my 105 lb daughter might have some difficulties trying to kick with them so maybe she could wear my size L Jetfins.

Right now it seems like almost everyone I'm related to is thinking about taking up scuba diving.

Funny, but I've emailed that person twice so far and got no response. :!

I'm looking for some lead too and that's only about $1/pound which would make the fins free :D I was in Hawai'i last month and new lead weights are going for $5.50/lb, even at Walmart.

If I got the XL fins I could probably wear those but my 105 lb daughter might have some difficulties trying to kick with them so maybe she could wear my size L Jetfins.

Right now it seems like almost everyone I'm related to is thinking about taking up scuba diving.

If you don't have your heart set on solid weights, you can get #4 lead buckshot (in LA there is a place that sells 25lbs for $32) and make soft weights. I think the duck-cloth we use cost us like $20 at JoAnn's and has been holding up nicely.

I'm not saying I'll never use soft weights, but so far I've only used hard weights but I'll certainly keep it in mind. I'd never bought weights until last month in Hawai'i where it was cheaper to buy some used weights than to rent some for two weeks. Up until then I just collected fishing weights while diving and cast them (the other kind of casting :wink: ) I left the wieghts with a friend but now I realize I could have shipped them home for about $14 via Priority Mail. Oh well. But he did promise to send me his old computer so I figure I'll come out ahead. Someone else on Craig's List is selling lead shot for $1.25/lb so if I don't hear from the other guy/gal soon then I guess I'll be melting it down and casting it.

Back
Top Bottom