Want to see the best diving conditions in Playa...look here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayaCountryBoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Meso American Reef
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am a full time dive instructor/guide in Playa del Carmen since 8 years and I have seen the best and worse of the conditions here. I have to say that right now with the seas being perfectly flat all day, and having alot of sunshine/no rain/not much or no wind, mixed with super water clarity (80ft+)...well the diving is at its best here right now. In these two dives, I take a family of 4 to Islote' and Sabalos Reef. Two of my favorite reefs to search for animals and "critters". One this particular day, I saw two unusual sightings. First...right as we decended, I saw two crabs fighting, both with BIG claws. I tried to flip on the camera and start recording but I had to wait for my buddy so all I got was them together. The second...I had a small 4ft nurse shark swim right up to the camera. The two teenage boys of the family loved it! And the parents did too! Have a look and enjoy!:popcorn:

I dove with Jason a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. If you're looking for a small operation with personal attention in the Playa Del Carmen area, I highly recommend his outfit.

I am a full time dive instructor/guide in Playa del Carmen since 8 years and I have seen the best and worse of the conditions here. I have to say that right now with the seas being perfectly flat all day, and having alot of sunshine/no rain/not much or no wind, mixed with super water clarity (80ft+)...well the diving is at its best here right now. In these two dives, I take a family of 4 to Islote' and Sabalos Reef. Two of my favorite reefs to search for animals and "critters". One this particular day, I saw two unusual sightings. First...right as we decended, I saw two crabs fighting, both with BIG claws. I tried to flip on the camera and start recording but I had to wait for my buddy so all I got was them together. The second...I had a small 4ft nurse shark swim right up to the camera. The two teenage boys of the family loved it! And the parents did too! Have a look and enjoy!:popcorn:

coolvideo big j,,,,,check out my wreck video...ill be back in dec for 3 months again, there is a buddy coming down for a week hes an instructor from usa staying for a week ill send him your way for dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom