For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Light is faulty..You can play pin the tail on the donkey all you want. Your a divemaster ...and taking up for a faulty product....Comical..You can share that if you like !
Its real simple lights were sent to me to review...Lights cut off randomly during dive for no reason...According to the guy who sent them to me they have no idea why....Review ...Lights are no good at this time in their current state...Plain and real simple..
I don’t see anything comical. You got the product for free or at heavily discounted price so you can do the testing and give feedback. It is very different from you purchasing an Item and then trying to contact the manufacturer and finding out they are not reachable or don’t care. Yes the product is still not Prime time. They got brightness right (amazing really), longevity of use on a single charge - really good and I have taken the ligtt to below 100ft without any issues. They have some type of electrical short they are investigating and this is exactly the information they are soliciting.
So the only comical thing I see is someone creating a “channel” - I hope it is entertaining… and then smearing the manufacturer. Granted, I did not watch your chanel, and I suppose it is possible that you explained all that, including that manufacturer is actively working on troubleshooting the product and soliciting some of the lights back for further testing and actively engaging with their consumer base…

Light is faulty..You can play pin the tail on the donkey all you want. Your a divemaster ...and taking up for a faulty product....Comical..You can share that if you like !
Its real simple lights were sent to me to review...Lights cut off randomly during dive for no reason...According to the guy who sent them to me they have no idea why....Review ...Lights are no good at this time in their current state...Plain and real simple..
All you can really say is that the lights you tested, with whatever batteries you used, were "faulty." You cannot generalize to all the lights and all possible batteries. Saying what you've said is like somebody looking at one of your youtube productions, deciding for whatever reason that ii is nonsense, and then generalizing that everything you put on youtube is nonsense. That may be true, but it is not a valid conclusion.

Yeah like I am the only one with the problem..Yes I explained all that in the 3 minute video...I was told that WANTED a review not testing and development..I test a lot of different gear some beta research and development and others just for reviews..

To be very honest about it I am done with the topic...Smear ...Really ??? Ok ! Give me a break...P.S. Note to self never trust these guys reviews of any products....Btw get the guy to send you some regs to review..Let me know what happens when they cut off randomly..ITS ok they are not my primary!!! :cool:

I received a replacement unit. Used it now on 20 dives. No issues with shutting itself off. Love using it for both still photography and videography. It is very bright even on the lesser setting. Several dive buddies asked about the light and could not believe how well it is priced. i am hoping for longevity and consistency of performance. So far so good on this unit.

I purchased the light off of Amazon & 4x Samsung 30Q Protected 18650's rated for 15 amp continuous discharge

So far, on land only, no issues with the light cutting out. I will be diving with it in Mexico in a couple weeks, and will post my review here when I return.

I purchased the light off of Amazon & 4x Samsung 30Q Protected 18650's rated for 15 amp continuous discharge

So far, on land only, no issues with the light cutting out. I will be diving with it in Mexico in a couple weeks, and will post my review here when I return.

So today was my first dive of the trip in Cozumel & the light flooded.

Once I hit the bottom @ 50’ I pulled the light out of my BCD pocket and saw it had flooded (less than 1 minute into the dive…) There was a steady stream of bubbles coming out from the power button & the rear threaded cap and there was clearly liquid (which had turned brown) next to the LED’s. And I saw all these weird white spots on the exterior which weren’t previously there.

After the dive it leaked this gross brown sludge inside my dry bag, I’m not sure if that came from the 18650 batteries or as a result of some kind of chemical reaction with the ocean water.

Even though it was only $80 (and the cost of the batteries) I’m still a bit disappointed it didn’t even last 1 dive at under 50 ft.

83D06FA2-C93C-4295-B892-147A1CDC1EDF.jpeg
B2512B7C-68B0-4B05-AF9B-76573A4DCB80.jpeg
7FAEF509-6BA2-4A2B-B4C7-E5664E69DBD1.jpeg

So today was my first dive of the trip in Cozumel & the light flooded.

Once I hit the bottom @ 50’ I pulled the light out of my BCD pocket and saw it had flooded (less than 1 minute into the dive…) There was a steady stream of bubbles coming out from the power button & the rear threaded cap and there was clearly liquid (which had turned brown) next to the LED’s. And I saw all these weird white spots on the exterior which weren’t previously there.

After the dive it leaked this gross brown sludge inside my dry bag, I’m not sure if that came from the 18650 batteries or as a result of some kind of chemical reaction with the ocean water.

Even though it was only $80 (and the cost of the batteries) I’m still a bit disappointed it didn’t even last 1 dive at under 50 ft.

View attachment 757466View attachment 757467View attachment 757468
What was your o-ring cleaning procedure prior to the dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom