Wanted American Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
JanKocian's Photos

3.30.12 American lobster b S .jpg

I recently shot this Maine lobster with my spear gun in the mouth through the side and it was very tasty, stayed alive till cooked.

There have been reports through the years of sightings in the puget sound, wfdf said you can kill it, take it and you will not be ticketed.

So I am wanting all I cen get as this lobster living and dieting in puget sound taste better than any lobster I have ate around the world.

That's a nice lobster VooDoo. That would be a nice size bug on the east coast. It'll still be a couple months before we start catching them here with any regulararity. No need to spear them, just reach in and pull them out. Good luck catching more!

I went to deception pass today and looked to see if they were in the deep area where holes are, no luck.

Peter puget sound.

Petreips I had not known What the claws were capable of.

Seacobra, It was easy to carry it around for a Photo shoot on a spear.

Lowviz no april fools, here is the pics before during and after.
before3.26.12 Maine lobster S2 .jpgduring3.30.12 Lobster speared S .jpg3.30.12 Lobster speared 2S .jpgafter3.30.12 Lobster cooking S .jpghttp://jankocian.smugmug.com/

For the most part wdfw are saying only males are brought live to stores to sell so they will not mate, If you read the pics on an article I found they brought and tried to have a go at it and it did not work to there knowledge. Of course nobody knows in authority as far as I seen about most stuff, I study sea life dailey and I could care less what it is called or even tell anyone cause to me just go dive and find out for your self.

So I am hoping to find more now that I studied how it lived, they only come out at night from deep caves.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Peter just got email from buddy and you must have a fishing liscence to retain an american lobster here in washington state waters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom