[Wanted] Ancient Diverite wing OPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jongalong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all,

I know this is not likely to turn anything up, but just in case...I am seeking an OPV for a 20+ year old Diverite RecWing. The OPV was discontinued over 20 years ago (according to the diverite support person I talked to), so I thought I'd ask here in case someone has a bunch of old gear kicking around in their parts bins.

I'm looking for an OPV that screws onto a nipple that is in the bladder.

The valve looks like this:

2739D5AB-202D-4F37-B1C6-FD078F5C46DA_1_105_c.jpeg

D58D99DA-27BE-45A8-9EB1-336974139218_1_105_c.jpeg

Thanks!

With a modified frame of thought you may have been able to put your bc under your pillow
have a little different but comfy nights sleep, and woken up with a shiny new valve, installed

but if half of something ain't enough and you can't repair yours I don't see why not, this is it

the grey flange ones have a tighter thread tolerance and able to be tightened more effectively

especially when you use something like this

You need one of these Bladder Flange and a standard dump valve. This one looks like it comes with everything, never ordered it so I can't be sure.

This tool will make your life easier. XDeep still uses this style of OPVs, the outer threads can get welded onto the dump valve, or in my case the blanking plate.

With a modified frame of thought you may have been able to put your bc under your pillow
have a little different but comfy nights sleep, and woken up with a shiny new valve, installed

but if half of something ain't enough and you can't repair yours I don't see why not, this is it

the grey flange ones have a tighter thread tolerance and able to be tightened more effectively

especially when you use something like this

I tried putting it under my pillow but some leaking seawater got into my wife's pillow and the F bombs woke me up before the valve fairy could come so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Thanks for the link! Ordered up!

You need one of these Bladder Flange and a standard dump valve. This one looks like it comes with everything, never ordered it so I can't be sure.

This tool will make your life easier. XDeep still uses this style of OPVs, the outer threads can get welded onto the dump valve, or in my case the blanking plate.
Thank you! The Ali express link looks like the same one on the BCD, so I'll try this if that one doesn't seem to function.

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom