Wanted: Budget liveaboards with premium diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slinger101

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My wife and I have been diving for over 20 years now, but have never been to the Maldives. We have seen many of the world's best scuba destinations (Raja Ampat, Komodo, Sipadan, Palau, etc.), so we are looking for some world class dive spots. We love destinations with lots of sharks and big fish action, which is why we are planning to visit the Maldives in February or March 2018.
What tour do you recommend for us (we heard good things about the deep south tours)? We don't need luxury and are looking for good budget liveaboards that run a solid operation with fantastic diving.
We are very much looking forward to your recommendations.
Cheers!

Hi there!

It sounds like an adventure is on the books for the two of you!

In terms of which tour to do, the Deep South should definitely be an option. There is lots of shark action in the southern atolls, including silkies, hammerheads and (sometimes) tigers. Mantas and whale sharks are also present. You can find all the available liveaboards for February 2018 here: {{ $root.GplusTitle }}

We can recommend:

1. Deep South on Maldives Aggressor II
2. Southern Hemisphere on Maldives Blue Force One
3. Extreme South on MY Duke of York

You can also consider a few different areas of the Maldives. For example, liveaboard diving around the South Ari Atoll and the Rasdhoo Atoll might also do the trick. There you’ll find whale sharks, hammerheads and manta rays. We’d be happy to answer any of your questions about alternative itineraries. In the meantime, happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom