Wanted: Duro Poppet for Scuba Pro 109 Adj. regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm refurbishing my original 1971 SP 109 Adjustable 2nd stage and would like to replace the poppet and worn seat with the duro poppet. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks

Thanks, tried both. Will keep looking there to see if one comes up.

They do seem to come and go. I wanted a 109 exhaust tee and purge cover from VDH, but Bryan has sold out of them and said he didn't know when he would have them again.

Vintage Double hose does have the duro poppet but they bundle it in something they call a restoration kit. At $40 it may seem a bit steep but they also include a first stage rebuild kit and an exhaust valve. Lately, I have seen duro poppets sell on eBay for around $15 by itself.

You could also check in the DIY section to see if anyone has an extra they are willing to sell.

---------- Post added June 29th, 2013 at 07:44 PM ----------

They do seem to come and go. I wanted a 109 exhaust tee and purge cover from VDH, but Bryan has sold out of them and said he didn't know when he would have them again.

I remember reading somewhere that Bryan is reducing inventory levels. I am sure if enough people committed to purchase them he would order them.

I'm refurbishing my original 1971 SP 109 Adjustable 2nd stage and would like to replace the poppet and worn seat with the duro poppet. Anyone know where I can buy one?
Thanks

Whatcha got to trade for one? I'm in need of a few SP second stage balance chambers....prefer the new type like the one on the left in this picture:

Whatcha got to trade for one? I'm in need of a few SP second stage balance chambers....prefer the new type like the one on the left in this picture:

Sorry. Don't have any of those.

---------- Post added July 27th, 2013 at 02:42 PM ----------

Try this from Vintage Double Hose. It should be a link to a pdf Bryan has on SP 109 poppets. I have downloaded the pdf, but the link isn't working for me - might be the network I'm at today. https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c6b6786605e6fbbaa69

Last edited:
If that is the ScubaPro Poppet Changes file it is a very worthwhile read for anyone wanting to DIY a 109/BA/G250 second stage. But I think it must be downloaded it to view it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom