Wanting to get a start in diving, humbodt county?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
[h=2]Hi, I just signed up for this site. i recently met someone on a trip to mexico who got me really interested in learning to scuba dive. I'm a junior in high school and would love to do something with travel with my life. I think scuba diving would be an amazing opportunity I'm going to get certified next week during a trip to Hanalei, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for me. Also, I live in cold Humboldt county, and want to know if there are any Scuba diving communities here or anything like that. Thanks!
icosm14.gif
[/h]

Check the college, I ran across a group from there diving the Mendocino Headlands earlier this year.

Bob
------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Very few people dive that far North. The vis is often poor and the currents can be down right dangerous.

As suggested Mendocino holds some spectacular diving. I have seen over 80 ft there, but more often than not it is 15-20 ft.

A drysuit keeps you plenty warm, but also can break the budget.

Back
Top Bottom