Warmest upper base layer for semi-dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a 70-minute dive yesterday in 58˚F water in my new Hollis Neotek and the experience was overall very positive, but I still got cold in my core section after a while. Fortunately still nothing enough to make me pray to get out. My feet and hands were numb, though. I get cold easily and never overheat. So for situations like this, I thought a vest or short sleeve base layer underneath would add a nice amount of extra warmth. Anyone know what is the warmest? I've seen Sharkskin, Lavacore, and Pinnacle Merino all well-liked.

Thanks.

I only have experience with Lavacore, and not for that use. It is my tropical suit for several years now, and very happy with it. Probably lowest cost of the 3 listed, and actually made by Pinnacle.

Thanks, but depending on where you look, they're all around the same price. I'm looking more for warmth over cost-saving.

You could just get a 3mm shorty that is sized appropriately to fit over your semi-dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom