Warning!: Beware of threads condemning the use of ear plugs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree the title of the other thread is lame but I doubt it really matters. I did think this thread title was modestly amusing, considering, but also doubt it matters one way or another - except to add to the clutter, but that ship has already sailed.

It would be nice if people could just accept that vented plugs help some people and get over it. If you don't like them or don't like the idea, just don't use them. Ranting against something that obviously works for many people gets old, but oh well, it's just like lots of other topics.

Did you even read past the first posting? The very first reply is from somebody who advocates the use of ear plugs, along with numerous other replies. Not everybody will come to a conclusion about a product based on the title of a thread.

But your mask fogs, possibly due to a jet of nasal air possibly caused by your nose plugs, and as you have suggested you spend your dive with water on your glass as a solution?
:no:
actually the particular mask in question is a one piece lens which tend to fog up worse than a two piece lens and is one of the reasons I wear a nose clip because when I don't use the nose clamp though most of my breath is exhaled orally there is still small amount exhaled through the nose thus causing the mask to fog when I am wearing the clamp no exhaled breath can escape through the nostrils thus eliminating the chance for the lens to fog up.
and I have always left a little water in my mask for the past thirty something years of diving to de fog my masks it is something a lot of us old school divers got in the habit of doing and it is still an effective way to un fog the mask.

just because I do something different than you does not mean I am doing it wrong.

Beware of people who reply to threads about threads stating things that were in the other thread!!!! :D

Beware of people who reply to people who........oh nevermind!!! :rofl3:

This is similar to the thread about the mask with the connected ear cups. People want to share their findings about problem solved. The "Doc's" earplugs are probably similar. They control pressure going into the ear. You might think of them as a little regulator for the ear. Calling that invention an earplug may associate it with those solid swimmer's plugs that we have been taught to avoid.

Fortunately I have never required such appliances, but passing on helpful information is always appreciated.

Butt plugs. Safe or not?
It would keep my wife safe from me.:shocked2:
anyway, I have used Doc's proplugs for about 5-6 years now, but for swimming and surfing. they have reduced the number of ear infections from several a year to zero. I tried them for scuba, but with the "vented plugs" together with a hood they just didn't work out for me.

Back
Top Bottom