WARNING O-ring Fault on PT-E06 maybe other Please check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a Heads Up if you have a Olympus PT-E06 or Maybe 05 also

I have a New PT-E06 for a E-620 and found out that the Inner O-ring (one that gets Compressed POL-E06B) has a Manufacturing Fault , I while Cleaning the o-rig I noticed some small Cuts Looks like moulding Marks on the o-ring there are 3-4 maybe as you look around the O-ring but if you stretch the o-ring Slightly these go over Half way through the O-ring. Obviously when the Rubber/silicone is Injected into the Mould the excess got cut off Badly causing a Damaged O-ring.

While I doubt this Fault will Immediately Flood your Housing it's Certainly something to be concerned about and check out - OLympus here in Australia get their stuff Directly from Japan (Not sure if all housings are made there so Might be Different)
Olympus Have Agreed to send me a Replacement O-ring at no charge as is a Manufacturing Fault.
But please all Check your O-rings Carefully and then to the dealer if you find the Same Fault as I cannot believe I am the Only one with this.

Mark

HI All

I just received my Replacement o-ring from Olympus Australia and it has the Same Fault - while it is slightly better the exact same fault is there - injection moulder marks with small cuts around them in 3 or 4 places around the O-ring 1-2mm each .

Did anyone else find this problem ?? Maybe these are only the O-rings from this side of the World Made in China Is probably the reason for the Inferior Quality , Probably Japanese or american made ones would be better.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom