Warranty transferrable? (Computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is_907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I bought an Icon HD from a friend (named eBay)... after three dives the computer's screen would no longer turn on.
It's currently at the Mares service center in Florida but I've been told it'll be 3 weeks before they can even look at it.

Just trying to set my expectation level--should I expect that they'll warranty service it even though I wasn't the original purchaser?
Or should I expect a "hah sorry--it's going to cost you $xx,xxx to fix" type response?

Trying to level set myself as I have a major trip coming mid-September and would rather not buy another computer if this one will get fixed under warranty :wink:

Only true answer to your question can come from manufacfurer. If I had to guess, I say you are out of luck. Most manufacturers will only honor original owner with proof of purchase.

I think original purchaser only is sucky, if the item is still within warranty period what does it matter who currently has possession? I too suspect you might be out of luck but try Zak (Mares main man here on SB) he's a good guy and if it's possible I've no doubt he will help.

Thanks. Hopefully I get good news when support looks at the computer.
If it's bad news I'll try Zak on here :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yesterday Mares emailed me to say that my computer was back at my LDS. After prompting, I got the customer service rep to tell me that the charger receptacle on the computer had been replaced and the computer now charges and discharges properly.

I haven't been able to pick it back up from the shop yet but my friend saw it yesterday and read the paperwork--they also replaced the transmitter nib. So that's nice.

So thanks Mares! ;D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom